Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys... I'm getting a chance to have another truck and my dad will get my truck...

Here's the Deal...
There are 4 Trucks I'm looking at.
1- 2004 Tundra DC 4.7 Limited w/ only 13k miles
2- 2007 Tundra RCLB 5.7L with 75k
3- 2005 Tundra AC 4.7L limited w/ 50k... Exactly like my truck but white lol
4- 2005 Tacoma DCLB V6 TRD 75k

Which truck gets better mileage???? :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who cares. :devil:

You want the fastest one....the RCLB 5.7 :heh:
damn i wish it was a rcsb lol.... it may be fast but not pretty! lol
only thing i'm doing is some test driving,,, 0-60? lol

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Get #3

·
Registered
469 Posts
Choice #1 is pretty tempting, but I would really only consider #3 or #4. What are the prices of each?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
#1 or #3. #3 would be the first choice, but if #1 is as mint as is should be at 13K, it would be hard to pass it up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
#3 would be my choice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
#2 if you don't need the cab space or #3 if you do
#1 has 13k divided by 6 years means that truck was only driven a bit over 2k per year. That means the truck sat most of the time, which I think is worse than driving a vehicle 20k/year. Check for tire rot.
Test drive the Tacoma DCLB and see if you're impressed or not. I have a feeling you won't be since you've had a tundra. I've got nothing against the Tacoma, it was my first choice when looking for a truck. But it just just can't compare to a Tundra DC with a V8...

·
Registered
344 Posts
After reading about 10 pages in the rust thread, I'de get an F150 4x4 (sorry guys, my work truck is an F250 so I know how the new fords are)

DONT SHOOT ME!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
#2 if you don't need the cab space or #3 if you do
#1 has 13k divided by 6 years means that truck was only driven a bit over 2k per year. That means the truck sat most of the time, which I think is worse than driving a vehicle 20k/year. Check for tire rot.
Test drive the Tacoma DCLB and see if you're impressed or not. I have a feeling you won't be since you've had a tundra. I've got nothing against the Tacoma, it was my first choice when looking for a truck. But it just just can't compare to a Tundra DC with a V8...

as far as going from the original tundra V8 to the new tacomas V6, its only 9 less HP (236 as opposed to 245). cant imagine that youd feel much of a difference there

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
The Tacoma is actually a nice truck. I wanted one but the price was too high for me. Don't ask how I know this, but a double cab pre-runner edition with 2wd and auto trans can easily keep up with my access cab SR5 2wd (pre lift and 33's). So as far as the motors go, its a bit less power but it keeps up. Now the downsides for that model are it is a thirsty pig, I don't care what the MPG counters say, it eats more gas than my truck. I used to drive one daily (my ex's) and it was gulping gas. Also the interior is more like being in a car, I don't like the cramped feeling but for some that's okay.

Now that I've said that, #1 sounds most tempting but must be the higher priced if in good shape. I see these go for $25k and up around here. #3 sounds great but if you want the same truck you have, what's the point in selling yours?

#4 may be the faster, but idk about the rclb, I'd prefer the rcsb, if it were short bed I'd go with Creosote and be a gen 2 owner. Miles are high for such a new truck though.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I checked them all out... I didn't care too much for any...

1- 2004 Tundra DC 4.7 Limited w/ only 13k miles - It was a little underpowered and i know it'll be a guzzler but oh soooo tempting... pass $14k
2- 2007 Tundra RCLB 5.7L with 75k - Truck was a little beat up and e-brake light was on, stab cont light was "off" and it just didn't look well maintained... pass $13500
3- 2005 Tundra AC 4.7L limited w/ 50k... Exactly like my truck but white - SOLD so pass at $15k
4- 2005 Tacoma DCLB V6 TRD 75k - "Cash price $15k"... Financed... $18k... ridiculous no budging on price, Pass... I'm looking at other vehicles now.

But thanks for all the Votes Guys!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
as far as going from the original tundra V8 to the new tacomas V6, its only 9 less HP (236 as opposed to 245). cant imagine that youd feel much of a difference there

Torque is where youll feel the difference. :devil:

'04 Tundra = 315ftlb
'05 Tacoma = 266ftlb

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
After reading about 10 pages in the rust thread, I'de get an F150 4x4 (sorry guys, my work truck is an F250 so I know how the new fords are)

DONT SHOOT ME!

Well I would have chosen option#3. Also you can pick a fairly newer F-150 for a pretty reasonable price I think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts