Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 DC (picture below) and am having difficulty deciding on what I should do when it comes to tinting the windows. I have decided on some options below and need some opinions.

1. Tint the entire truck 20% even over the factory tint on the back glass.
2. Tint the front and back side windows 5%, and then 20% on the back glass (what I'm leaning toward)
3. Just tint the front two 5%
4. No additional tint at all.

I had a 1998 Ford explorer two door before this, and had 5% all the way around and loved it, because it definitely kept my interior looking nice, and was pretty cheap and had a lifetime warranty too. Any and all advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
455 Posts
The two rear and back windows are 20%. You may want to check with the local laws. Most say you can't go below 50% legally. Many guys here will tint the front two windows 35% (one step below legal). At night, it's almost impossible to see out the windows of a 35% tint, let alone anything darker. Why do you feel the need to drive around in a limo?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The two rear and back windows are 20%. You may want to check with the local laws. Most say you can't go below 50% legally. Many guys here will tint the front two windows 35% (one step below legal). At night, it's almost impossible to see out the windows of a 35% tint, let alone anything darker. Why do you feel the need to drive around in a limo?
Because I like the fact that it saves my interior and keeps my car cooler...

·
Registered
699 Posts
I got just under the legal limit on my back windows in my Access cab and hate it. you cant see a damn thing out them even on a sunny day, if you dont drive down highways very often your fine but when you need to chekc your blindspots quickly it's F'N impossible. just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts