Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of upgrading my 2007 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7,4WD,single CD six speaker sound system-does any one know the size FOR SURE of the speakers in the dash,front door and back door. For what its worth,my upgrade is getting slowed down by no mounting kit available yet for the CD player(pioneer Premier DEH-P780MP CD MP3 Car CD capable of luscious organic orange swirling faceplate to match the other lighting in the cab)...though I guess Metra may have one out in 1-2 weeks according to my sound guy...If anyone knows differently,let me know. I'm also consideringMB Quart RCE6x9 component speakers in the front door with the accompaning tweeters in the dash,JBL P652S 6-1/2" 2 way shallow mount speakers with adjustable directional tweeters,and since room is so shallow under the seats,I'm considering getting the Sony XS-LB10S subwoofer with enclosure-a 350W RMS 10" sub loaded in a box that I could mount under the the left rear seat facing up(Depth about <7" at the front of the enclsure and 6" at the rear)...it should fit. What do you think? A nd if any one knows about those speaker sizes...let me know. Thanks... Peace...DAcat:sleep:

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I answered this in the thread above, but here it is again.
I replaced mine over the weekend. They are definately 6x9
in the front and 6.5" in the back. You have to use the basket
piece from the old speakers in the front and the back and you
have to cut out the old speakers from the baskets. You actually
have to screw the new speaker into the basket. Also I didnt
change out the tweeters in the dash, but the plastic grille over
the speaker comes right off. Just pry at the corners and it will
lift up. The stock speakers are real pieces of crap, the magnets are
like 1" across. Here are the pics with the new speakers installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bayou39-Thanks alot...thats just what I needed to know. I've got a Silver/Black and Grey Interior DC SR5 4WD...I'm curious if you've settled on a subwoofer yet and how and where are you mounting it? Thanks...DAcat :sleep:

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Hey Bayou39-Thanks alot...thats just what I needed to know. I've got a Silver/Black and Grey Interior DC SR5 4WD...I'm curious if you've settled on a subwoofer yet and how and where are you mounting it? Thanks...DAcat :sleep:
I have the same truck and interior as you. My truck actually came with the back underseat storage unit. So I dont know what Im going to do about a sub yet. I definately plan on putting one in soon though. I still have to hook up an amp for the other speakers. Do you know where the factory amp is?
I read somewhere that its under the front passenger seat, but I dont see anything there.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Someone said that only the JBL head units have an external amp under the front passenger seat. The non-JBL head units are built into the radio.
Here is the old crappy back speaker................

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Someone said that only the JBL head units have an external amp under the front passenger seat. The non-JBL head units are built into the radio.
Here is the old crappy back speaker................
Holy Crap! No wonder they sound so wonderful:td: . I think I am going to do Clif Designs component fronts and coax rears along with a Design Elements 10" shallow mount. Not sure on the head unit yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All my stuff for my new stereo system has now come in except the installation kit-but good news-I just talked to a dealer for Metra and he said to call back tomorrow because he thinks that the new Tundra kits will be in and ready for shipping. My Sony Slim Subwoofer(XS-LB10S) fits perfectly under the rear left seat. Hopefully I'll Have mine installed in about 10 days...I'll post Pics...DAcat

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Where did you buy that sony sub ? How much did it go for ?
Have you ever heard one ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts