Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what size tire some of you are running out there with 24's and a 2/4 kit to fill it out the best and still have rubber not bologna skins? Also what tire your getting good traction with?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well, i'd go with a 24 inch tire on a 24 inch wheel hehehehee just kiddin.

personally the 24s do have too much of the bologna skin type look to me...couple inches of sidewall just aint enuf. 20s or 22s at the very largest if u want to still have some sidewall. which kinds is your question. otehr than that, i cant help ya.

but u can look for thirdhorseman's and JMSinMD's info on their sequoias...since they "shared" a set of 24's they can shed some light on what size works for their trucks....several others have twenty fo's also just do some searchin to see pics of them all to get an idea.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I was wondering what size tire some of you are running out there with 24's and a 2/4 kit to fill it out the best and still have rubber not bologna skins? Also what tire your getting good traction with?
There are a few sizes to choose from depending on how aggressive you want to get (and how aggressive your wheels will allow).

315/35R24
305/35R24
295/40R24
285/40R24

Use this calculator to estimate the size differences compared to the stock tire you have now: Tire Size Calculator - Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
383 Posts
i'd reccomend 285/40/24 bro.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ran 305/35-24 on my Titan Crew Cab for the 3 years I owned it....no issues. Low profile enough to look cool, but enough sidewall that I never bent a rim on an unexpected bump/pothole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts