Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to go to 22" wheels. But im not sure if i can go that big and still be able to turn sharply w/o rubbing. Does anybody have any experience or any knowledge as to how big i can go w/o a lift or any extra modding? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I know 22" are big, but I propably would not go more then 20" wheels.
I have 20" wheels, with super soft tires, and loving it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have 20" wheels. i had a question though. if i have to brake too hard or even when my car is very cold and i brake a little roughly, i have a huge rubbing noise come through the front end! it actually a grinding noise. you can actually feel something grinding. any idea of what that might be?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
A 31.5" tire is about as tall as you can go without rubbing the front mud flap.

regarding your braking..... I would have your pads/rotors checked. Sounds like there might be some build up on the pads that's causing the fade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats what i thought. im gonna have them checked out today. thanks for the input guys. i have 31" tires on there right now. toyo open country's. lovin it. just curious as to how big i could go. thanks again!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
You cab go 22" wheels with out any rubbing i run 285/40r22 in the summer witch is a tire thats is 30.7" tall and only and inch wider then factory better handing and looks. It rides just like factory not rough at all hope that helps!:couch2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot man, sounds great. exactly the answer i wanted to hear!!!:crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts