Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what tires are everyone running?

After the stock tires I went with Michelin Pilots and I wasn't too pleased with the puncture resistance (3 tires required plugging) and snow capability was poor.

Currently I have 265/70/16 BFGoodrich AT Ko's with around 30,000 miles on them. So far they have been excellent in dry, wet, snow, ice, dirt/gravel paths, and puncture resistance. I still have 9/32s on them so wear is excellent as well.

On my wife's 97 4Runner Limited, I had Sam's Club put on 265/70/16 Goodyear Fortera TripleTreds. We both love these! I swap vehicles with my wife when it snows because the 4Runner is 4x2 and the Goodyear's got me through some bad roads during this past winter. And you need to try hard to get them to hydroplane, I mean really try hard! They have about 20,000 miles on them and are at 8/32s.

I'm thinking of Nokian WRG2 SUV for the 4Runner when it comes time to replace the Goodyears and probably either stick with the BFG's or try Michelin LTX AT2's if and when I wear them down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bought my 04 Sequoia with 23K on it with factory tires. They were well worn, so I replaced them with some Firestone Destination A/T at about 27K.

My Sequoia now has 80K and it is now time to replace the Destination A/Ts. They have worn well and have been very dependable. I believe I'm going to buy another set.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I bought my 2005 with 53k miles and it came with essentially new Michelon Cross Terrain, P265/65 R17, 110S M+S tires. I replaced them this spring at 89k miles. They had a little tread left, so I suppose they were decent tires.

Based on Consumer Reports ratings, I replaced the Michelons with General Grabber HTS P265/65 R17 All Season Truck tires this spring. They only have 10k miles on them, but I've been very happy with them. Consumer Reports rated these tires considerably higher than any other brand, and my local tire shop has had good luck with them in the past. Note that they are All Season tires, not All Terrain tires.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I've been a big fan of the Cooper and Dean tires, but my last set has been the Yokohama AT's and I really like them so far. They have a 60k mile warranty, and still have a good aggressive tread similar to a Dueler AT. I think my next set will be the 275/70/18 Hankook DynaPro AT RF10....I think it's a good mix of AT and street with a meaty sidewall and 50k warranty.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Goodyear Fortera TripleTred :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the nokian WR on my 03 4runner and they are amazing - the winter traction is second to none. We get some pretty bad roads here because it melts and freezes constantly - i don't even have to change my driving habits at all. Once we had sheet ice and I was towing people up the hill - even other 4x4 vehicles were stuck. I love them so much and my wife did to, that I have gotten the WR2 for my wife's Sequoia - haven't hit winter yet, but they say they are even better then the WR. Believe me - they are worth the extra $ and you will not be disapointed. I have never heard anybody complain about them yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lookin' good jjj! I love the tread patten on our fortera tt's.

I've also noticed some Nokian tires have a similar tread as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice lineup of Yodas you got there Celica!

I can't wait until the wife's 4runner or my Sequoia need new shoes because it's definitely going to be a Nokian.

Thanks for your input on the Nokians.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey BobbyB, we actually had the same tires on the 4runner when we bought it but just very bald.

I changed them out right away. The previous owner liked them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Toyo M/T 35/12.50/18 only 11000 kms (6800 miles) on them so far. Great tire, only complaint is how my gas mileage is effected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the nokian WR on my 03 4runner and they are amazing - the winter traction is second to none. We get some pretty bad roads here because it melts and freezes constantly - i don't even have to change my driving habits at all. Once we had sheet ice and I was towing people up the hill - even other 4x4 vehicles were stuck. I love them so much and my wife did to, that I have gotten the WR2 for my wife's Sequoia - haven't hit winter yet, but they say they are even better then the WR. Believe me - they are worth the extra $ and you will not be disapointed. I have never heard anybody complain about them yet.
You can change your driving habit,Try for it....;:first:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts