Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when I bought my truck I thought of dropping it for a change (always lifter trucks). I saw a sale on Tundraracing lowering kits and called Tom.

He sold me a nice kit for my RCSB SR5 which at the time was a great price considering what was included. Well, as the economy continues to tank, Tom keeps lowering his retail prices to suit. Fair enough.....

I have never even taken this kit out of the boxes. So it's new. What I payed for it, and what he is apparently giving people for deals now, leaves me stuck with this damn kit.

I do not want to lower, nor lift this truck. Unlike every vehicle I have ever owned, I decided to leave this thing alone. I haven't modded anything on it aside from tint, bedliner, & seat covers.

So, I had it up for sale for a LONG time now.....all the while getting tire kickers who end up just buying a kit from Tom for around the same money. (This is after I dropped the price over $200 ...yes, Two hundred dollars! )

So what the heck do I do with this kit?

I have listed it on ebay with no luck. I am seriously starting to wonder what the heck to do. Part of the problem lies in the fact that there is a different kit for each platform. ( SR5, TRD, RCSB, DC, CM ). This kit only fits the RCSB sr5.

I rather use it as a paper weight then lower the price much more. (New it was $900 with some other items)

Very frustrated ......

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Talked to him and see if its possible at all to return it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Back when I bought my truck I thought of dropping it for a change (always lifter trucks). I saw a sale on Tundraracing lowering kits and called Tom.

He sold me a nice kit for my RCSB SR5 which at the time was a great price considering what was included. Well, as the economy continues to tank, Tom keeps lowering his retail prices to suit. Fair enough.....

I have never even taken this kit out of the boxes. So it's new. What I payed for it, and what he is apparently giving people for deals now, leaves me stuck with this damn kit.

I do not want to lower, nor lift this truck. Unlike every vehicle I have ever owned, I decided to leave this thing alone. I haven't modded anything on it aside from tint, bedliner, & seat covers.

So, I had it up for sale for a LONG time now.....all the while getting tire kickers who end up just buying a kit from Tom for around the same money. (This is after I dropped the price over $200 ...yes, Two hundred dollars! )

So what the heck do I do with this kit?

I have listed it on ebay with no luck. I am seriously starting to wonder what the heck to do. Part of the problem lies in the fact that there is a different kit for each platform. ( SR5, TRD, RCSB, DC, CM ). This kit only fits the RCSB sr5.

I rather use it as a paper weight then lower the price much more. (New it was $900 with some other items)

Very frustrated ......
donate the kit to the Tundra Solutions SEMA truck project and take full value as a charatible tax deduction.

·
Registered
287 Posts
For now, just keep it as a paper weight if you don't want to install it and montior this site, sooner or later someone is going to inquire about lowering thier truck. When that happens, PM them and work out a deal. I've had my kit on for about 9 months and IMO, this is the way the RCSB should have come from the factory, ride and handling is so much improved that it's like I got a new truck after I got a new truck. This is actually the first truck I have lowered out of about four other trucks that I have raised but I respect your decision not to lower your truck. I too have purchased stuff in the past and decided after it arrived not to install it and eventually, I either sold it for almost nothing or gave it away to make room in my gargage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts