Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me say that Wednesday I was listening to the Congressional Hearings for Toyota, and there were MORE than a few times when *I* was absolutely embarrassed at how some representatives acted towards Toyota.

I also happen to listen to a podcast called "No Agenda" This is not an advertisement for that podcast, but it's a centralized location for the clips I'd like others to hear. It also carries the explicit tag and has some language in the section that I am going to refer you too(minor language). I am pointing the podcast out as it is a good place to hear what I heard and how I felt when listening to Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton speak. Now, she was NOT the only one that made a complete *** out of themselves, but she stood out even among the other idiots. I must also say, that not every one that spoke was an idiot, but most speakers were unprepared and sounded like complete morons.

You can download an MP3 of the podcast using this link: http://is.gd/9c21g (link directly from their website The Show - No Agenda - With Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak) and fast forward to 1:24:00 (1hr 24min) into the podcast if you are strictly interested in the Toyota bits. It's about 15minutes long and there are some jaw dropping moments when Congresswoman Norton is speaking. Watching it live or watching the actual video would be more amazing, but I'm not sure where to find them online.

Thanks, and prepare to drop your jaw...

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
I too watched both hearings and was appalled how ignorant some of the people and their staffs on either side of the aisle were. I could not watch all of it as some of the paint in my home office began to peel from the walls and my wife on the first floor told me to watch my language. It was political witch hunt by some members and others asked some very relevant questions. I had a pretty good idea how it would come down but not anywhere near the level of stupidity I saw. It was obvious that members from UAW infested states would take advantage but a lot of it was just pure ignorance.

Larry

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
I watched most of it and don't think it was that bad. Yes it was a dog & pony show. Obviously they are not going to have a good grasp of the vernacular associated with technical issues. It also garnered Toyota some brownie points , if nothing else, Mr 'Yoda seemed genuinely concerned about their diluted reputation for safety & reliability.

The time line of action (on in-action), by the automaker and the watch-dogs was disconcerting. That's probably one of the biggest things I took away from the ordeal. If you watched thinking we were going to get real answers, ala Perry Mason, your expectation were too high. I also think we (Toyota owners) will get a better product after Mr 'Yoda returns home and rolls his sleeves up.

On a side note, did you catch any of Rep Darrell Issa? Issa founded Viper Alarms / DEI.

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
I watched most of it and don't think it was that bad. Yes it was a dog & pony show. Obviously they are not going to have a good grasp of the vernacular associated with technical issues. It also garnered Toyota some brownie points , if nothing else, Mr 'Yoda seemed genuinely concerned about their diluted reputation for safety & reliability.

The time line of action (on in-action), by the automaker and the watch-dogs was disconcerting. That's probably one of the biggest things I took away from the ordeal. If you watched thinking we were going to get real answers, ala Perry Mason, your expectation were too high. I also think we (Toyota owners) will get a better product after Mr 'Yoda returns home and rolls his sleeves up.

On a side note, did you catch any of Rep Darrell Issa? Issa founded Viper Alarms / DEI.
He was the most knowledgeable of the panel but unfortunately didn't stay very long. He gave the Cabinet guy the grilling they needed out of this. Don't get me wrong Toyota needed a good talking to but to have a bunch of dimwits ask the asinine questions they did was a waste of our tax money. But then they've been doing that for quite some time.

Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts