Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the sound is bearly heard... some say add a boxless air intake,,,, it does help a bit.. but no im so sticking with the trd intank... any tips guys

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Remove all interior panels.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
This thread should be in the "OT" section. LMAO !!!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Take a couple of six year olds into a Toys R Us and don't buy them anything, and then make them sit in the back seat for a long drive. You'll hear plenty of whining.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the whine you are looking for, comes from the type of blower that you use. as far as i know, the trd blower is a roots style, which doesnt make much whine. a screw type blower will be loud as heck. so unfortunately, there isnt much you can do about it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
install a PA

-Tim

·
Banned
444 Posts
LOL> take you filter out for a test run and see how u like it. But...More boost.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Take a couple of six year olds into a Toys R Us and don't buy them anything, and then make them sit in the back seat for a long drive. You'll hear plenty of whining.
I usually take my DW with me if I want plenty of whining! :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
whats funny is most of the stuiped comments...:blabla::td: came out from those whom dont even own a s/c'er.. i know i know...? i feel sympthy for you all, that $5000+ part doesnt come in cheap. and thanks to those who were trying to be helpful...:ts:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
AD, I have a 2010 DC SR5. It is not the limited model which I think has more insulation and is loaded with more goodies. Is yours a limited? Maybe more insulation. I am just about deaf from working around rigs, but I did a clip with my flip camera from 50-100 and the whine came through loud and clear. Like I said, if you have the limited they may be more insulated than the SR5's. I hear the whine when accelerating most of the time...

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
AD, I am trying to upload video that my son and I did on the way back from a little late afternoon fishing triip over to the basi that we did for test run. You can hear the S/C whining in that video. Let me now if the whine comes through. It is the first time i have tried uploading anything through youtube website. we'll see if it comes through or not. It did not allow me to upload directly within the site, so here is the link to our first trial run......

YouTube - VID00004

1 - 20 of 31 Posts