·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
deleted

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
EXTRA PARTS SUCH AS MANIFOLD IS REQUIRED. READ NOTES BELOW THOROUGHLY!!

* Not all parts are bolt-on. Universal piping kit will need to be custom modified at an exhaust shop to adjust for the correct bends. *

* Requires a down pipe which needs to be connected to existing exhaust. A custom adapter needs to be fabricated from a place such as an exhaust shop. *

* Other parts you need or should get is Turbo Manifold, Boost Controller, Turbo Timer, and Engine/Fuel Management System. *

Labor + all the extra parts you need = EXPENSIVE!! It would be badass though

·
Registered
315 Posts
After doing a large amount of research I firmly believe the OEM plastic IM will not handle more then a few psi of boost, to utlize a turbo would require a custom sheet intake manifold. Due to frame-block clearance custom headers will still not allow the turbo to be top mounted and while a low mount could be done with creative up piping the viability of making kit work would require custom fabrication and expenditures far exceeding the TRD supercharger and will not provide more then the TRD tested and R&Ded unit.

My calculations to put a functioning turbo kit on a tundra 5.7 would easily in the 8-10K$ area.

The kit you are looking at has never been successfully (or even attempted to be) installed on a 5.7.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Even if the kit was free I wouldn't take it. Building a vehicle specific/safe application takes a lot of money and R&D. I wouldn't buy a universal kit like is being sold and try to mickey mouse it. :td:

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
After doing a large amount of research I firmly believe the OEM plastic IM will not handle more then a few psi of boost, to utlize a turbo would require a custom sheet intake manifold. Due to frame-block clearance custom headers will still not allow the turbo to be top mounted and while a low mount could be done with creative up piping the viability of making kit work would require custom fabrication and expenditures far exceeding the TRD supercharger and will not provide more then the TRD tested and R&Ded unit.

My calculations to put a functioning turbo kit on a tundra 5.7 would easily in the 8-10K$ area.

The kit you are looking at has never been successfully (or even attempted to be) installed on a 5.7.
So what were your calculations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts