Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wheel and tire should i use ? Stock TRD 18" alloy or Stock 20" Limited Wheel ?

I have a 2008 Tundra Crewmax SR5 TRD w/ the 18' alloy TRD wheels and a 2' leveling kit on the front. I want to upgrade from the 275/65/18 to a bigger tire. I also have a set of the Tundra 20" Limited Wheel off a friends 07' Tundra in the garage. So my questions is....what do I do ? Put the 20" wheels on and go with a 275/60/20 tire or upgrade to a 285/65/18 and keep the 18" wheels that are currently on the truck ? I want a nice smooth ride, but also would like an aggressive looking tire. I know Hankook makes a D load Dynapro ATM in the 285/65/18. Does anyone run this tire in the 285/18 size and have feedback and or a pic ? It seems like there are a few more tire options for the 20" wheel. The Michelin LTX AT2 and the Michelin M/S 2 are two of the 20" tires I am looking at. If anyone has any advice, feedback or pics of the 18" or the 20" wheels with tires that would be really helpful. I live in Denver and drive in all weather conditions, so i need something that will be good in snow and wet weather. I do not do much off roading other than a corn field or fire road here and there. Thanks !

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Re: What wheel and tire should i use ? Stock TRD 18" alloy or Stock 20" Limited Wheel

Whatever you decide on, can I have the other set of wheels??

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: What wheel and tire should i use ? Stock TRD 18" alloy or Stock 20" Limited Wheel

I think the TRD is the better looking wheel. The 18" tires are much cheaper too. I'd go larger then the 285/65's, they are a little wider but barely taller then stock. I'd go at least 275/70 or 305/65. Both are over an inch taller then stock. You'll find the 305's are pretty pricey though. I'm hoping to do a couple of inches lift myself and want to go with BFG AT's. I like the 305's, but the 275/70's are $135 cheaper per tire.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I am a little bit biased towards the TRD 18" wheel, but regardless of which wheel you choose, go with a 305 tire. You won't be disappointed.

My before and after pics are in my gallery.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

Id have to say go with the TRD 18's. Go with either the 285's or the 305's, both will fit on stock non leveled tundra's so with your 2" Level lift you'll be fine. However if you get the 305's youll have to trim or bend up about an inch of the skid plate, its really easy to do.

You can get both 285/65/18 and 305/65/18 from BFG (All-terrain KO)

Here are the 305/65/18E on my tundra with a 2.5" Front/ 1" Rear level lift:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts