Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just turned in my 06 Double Cab XSP lease and bought an 03 Access Cab Limited 4WD. I am really missing the look of the wheels on my XSP so I am shopping for a new set. I have been considering the Gear Alloy Double Pump in Black and mirror.

I would love to see some pictures of what you put on your Access Cab, please include wheel and tire size.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I put Michelin LTX M/S 265/70/16 on the stock rims that I had Powder Coated to the Factory color with 8 to 10 mils of powder with a clear coat !

Toyota is Haveing a problem with there factory wheels only 3 to 4 Mils of color no clear coat.

Brother is doing alot of Toyota dealers here in Pittsburgh Pa. area !

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just finished my lift and I put the American Racing ATX Mojave Teflon's on. I love the look of black rims. I have 285/70/17 Dueler Revos on them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I took some factory Tacoma rims and powder coated them the same color as my truck. I believe they are 16X8 size. And the wheel size is 265/70/R16, Nitto Terra Grapplers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put Michelin LTX M/S 265/70/16 on the stock rims that I had Powder Coated to the Factory color with 8 to 10 mils of powder with a clear coat !

Toyota is Haveing a problem with there factory wheels only 3 to 4 Mils of color no clear coat.

Brother is doing alot of Toyota dealers here in Pittsburgh Pa. area !

Are those fender flares still available or does anyone have a part number for them?

Also, here is a pic of my truck. 18inch Optional BBS wheels I purchased locally for 400.00.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the posts so far, the colored wheels look good.

Has anyone put 20" wheels and AT tires on a stock hight truck?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here's a picture I've found of my 03 Access Cab taken about a year ago with 265/50/R20 size tires.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Powdercoated black eagle beadlock look 16x8 with Maxxis Bighorn MT's and 1.25" wheel spacer/adapter. First picture is closeup before new tires. The others were with my phone after the tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fishin101

What lift did you install to fit the 33's? Do they rub in tight turns?

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I've installed Enkei 6spoke wheels (285/50 r 20) - 31.5" tires, and have no rubbing issues.

·
Registered
138 Posts
17X9 RBP 93R's with 4" backspace, with bfg 315-70's. without the hub-covers.

might not be the aesthetic you're looking for..... :blushed:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fishin101

What lift did you install to fit the 33's? Do they rub in tight turns?
It was a 3" in the front and 2" in the rear lift/leveling kit. I believe it was this one.

Toyota Tundra 3" Lift & Leveling Kit 1999-2006 4WD/2WD:eBay Motors (item 260426115840 end time Jun-16-09 20:00:00 PDT)

The only rubbing I get is when I'm backing up and the wheel is hard over, even then it's only minimal. The tires fit perfectly and I think they look great. I tried 34"s but they rubbed all over the place.

·
Registered
831 Posts
16x8 Konig Countersteer wheels, in flat black

Attachments

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
I know most people like the larger wheels, but I am not to fond of them. These are 16x9 AXXIS Regulators with a 4.5 back space.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
has anyone installed the newer tundra , sequoia wheels on the access cab, I m wondering of the stick out more in the fender flare. I don't like the flares sticking out so far past the wheels and tires?

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
has anyone installed the newer tundra , sequoia wheels on the access cab, I m wondering of the stick out more in the fender flare. I don't like the flares sticking out so far past the wheels and tires?
You cant do the 2nd gen, they are 5 lug and ours are 6 lug

1 - 20 of 59 Posts