Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Toyota dealership just called and said that Toyota won't finance me for the finance rate they quoted me during finance. Mind you, I signed 3 weeks ago. So they found another bank with a slightly lower interest rate. Anybody ever experienced this?

I'm also thinking that I should get something for this inconvenience. Maybe a TRD CAI kit. What do you think? What would you ask for?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
TRD Swaybar!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just thought about this! could i negotiate the additional $1000 in rebates into the new contract? i got the $2000 crewmax rebate, but the rebate is now $3000. what do you think?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Contract is signed and you took delivery. Their problem, not yours. I would ignore it. You have a signed copy of the sale between you and the dealer. Whats the difference if they call now, three weeks later, or a year from now?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
just thought about this! could i negotiate the additional $1000 in rebates into the new contract? i got the $2000 crewmax rebate, but the rebate is now $3000. what do you think?
And, if for some reason I am not right in that you should ignore it cause it is a done deal, you would be signing again on today's date.. so yeah I would think you get the 3k off.

Also, get a new truck with 2 miles on it. New loan, new truck(since you technically did not buy the other one right?) F them man, dont let them screw you so they get a bigger kickback somehow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm liking this. i'm going to try and milk them on this. TRD borla exhaust and TRD CAI kit with the additional $1000 rebate, and i'll sign. i'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
On your contract, did you and the dealer sign? If so its legit and you need to do nothing.
If only you signed, 1, its a shady dealer, and 2 the contract probably isnt valid.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
. So they found another bank with a slightly lower interest rate.

I'm also thinking that I should get something for this inconvenience.
Read the back of your contract, ergo, the fine print. Probably something like $99 use / rental fee after first 48 hours.

They got you a lower rate, which should lower your payment.

I'd ask for something for my "inconvenience", but they still have you by the short & curlies!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had something like that happen to me with GMAC financial on a H2 Hummer. The dealership jumped down corporate's throat over it and reduced the cost of the vehicle even more to make it up to me. Might try that approach. Looks like they are afraid of Toyota Finance or the guy is a wuss.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I hope everyone realizes that the op will be SAVING money from a lower interest rate? why does everyone believe he should be rewarded further???

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
I hope everyone realizes that the op will be SAVING money from a lower interest rate? why does everyone believe he should be rewarded further???

Precisley.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Precisley.

i took the OP to mean somethign different; they quotes him rate A, found that they couldnt get it. they then quoted rate B, which was higher, and then re-re-requoted rate C which is lower than rate B but still higher than rate A. That's why he is trying to get something from the stealership.

If not, why would he complain about getting a rate that is lower than he was originally quoted and also want the dealer to comp him a new Borla and CAI? THAT doesnt make sense.

think. think. think.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Most finance contracts at car dealers have a clause in them that gives them an out for this sort of thing. It happens a lot. In fact, a lot of vehicles are repossessed within days of purchase due to financing falling through. Usually it has something to do with the applicant not providing accurate financial information. (I am not suggesting the OP is being untruthful, just throwing that out there.)

I would read the contract carefully. I am positive you will find something in there.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well something was signed to begin with for them to be able to switch banks...so im sure its in there somewhere that says subject to bank approval or something... sometimes they run into credit issues or income issues that is probally the issue since the rate is the questionable deal so its not their fault....they do go by experience and put people into cars but alot of times unless its completely done they just assume the bank will do what they say and thats why that clause is there for subject to approval etc. sounds like if u go in wanting all sorts of freebies when its your credit/income thats the deal to begin with they will tell you to take a hike...just my opinion but thats what i'd do if i had a customer that didnt qualify for a certain rate and then demanded more....

ha just noticed it was posted right before me that it happens alot....when i did the first time buyer deal on my first car the dealer told me to take the car and that it could be subject to change when hyundai opened back up the next day...happens alot late in the evening and on saturdays when the banks arent open to give a firm answer...happens alot.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Keep in mind that the "guy smiley" that conducted the deal is a joker and will do what ever it takes to get the deal done. If both signed that it is a done deal and that is it. Good luck and enjoy your Tundra!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Read the back of your contract, ergo, the fine print. Probably something like $99 use / rental fee after first 48 hours.

They got you a lower rate, which should lower your payment.

I'd ask for something for my "inconvenience", but they still have you by the short & curlies!
On the other hand, the dealer gets screwed occasionally, on weekend deals as they sort out trade-in payoffs. Some of those fall through.

I'd be surprised if your contract doesn't have a clause that relates to your situation and something like a $99 per day use fee if you opt to back out after a certain grace period. 3 weeks x $99= deal breaker.

I'd ask (but dont expect) for something reasonable and mention the now current rebates (although their hands are may be tied on the rebates). If the dealerships a good one, they might agree with you. Either way, I still interpret your original post as you now have a lower rate and a lower payment. You obviously liked the truck enough to take it home. ENJOY your new truck!

They still have you by the aforementioned S&Cs in regards to any attempt to just plain walk away from the deal. I think its a mere 48 hour window here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i understand my rate is lower, but the bank that is now offering the lower rate won't finance for 6 years (sorry, forgot to mention this). so my payment goes up. also, how do i know they will keep this deal if i sign it? and how did they get approval with this bank without asking my permission to run my credit again? what if i had already made my first payment? (which I haven't, but what if?). and like one of the other posters said, who's to say they couldn't do this after 2 months? where in the contract is the limit of time for which they can do this?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts