Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the senate is gona ask the pres of Toyota a bunch of questions about the recall, bunch of political BS if you ask me. So here's my question, what would you ask the man?
If I could ask him a question, it would be simple and straight forward, would you come by my house and change the oil on my pickup truck? If he would take me up on this one question I am sure he would learn more about his company in one day, than he will ever learn at these senate hearings.:D

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Correct brother, all politics. Since such a large chunk of the Big 3 is owned by the US government, and since Toyota is such a threat to their market share....

If Obama had an iota of wisdom he would haul the CEO of General Motors handcuffed and shackled into these hearings and insist he explain why GM does not offer the 6.2 V8 in a regular cab short bed, or the Ford CEO to explain why the F-150 only manages a high 16 second quarter mile. :devil:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least Toyota will do the recall without Billions in gov't bailout money. I'll leave Ford alone, but GM with 1,000,000,000 &1,000,000,000 & 1,000,000,000 & 1,000,000,000 & 1,000,000,000 & 1,000,000,000 & 1,000,000,000 & 1,000,000,000 and many many many many many more 1,000,000,000 of tax payer dollars just keep there doors open then coming back for 1,000,000,000 & 1,000,000,000 & 1,000.000.000 & 1,000,000,000 and many many many more 1,000,000,000's of dollars get's no respect from me 0 it's a political thang.

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
I want to know if he can put a Hino diesel in my Tundra.

That's all. I'm okay with a stuck gas pedal. Just means I don't have to press it down there as much as I do ;)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK men, I've cooled down, finished changing my oil about 12:02, took me 3 minutes to fire up the computer and make this thread. Everythangs good corse I must have had trouble with the skid plate last time as one of the hooks wuz bent over flat.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I am thinking about
those hooks, as they seem to provide more trouble than they are worth.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i wouldnt ask him a thing. id thank him for a great truck and for taking care of a potential issue and send him on his way. i would ask the govt why their trucks suck tho

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah not me I'd ask him what kinda bullhockey contraption they got for a simple oil change, where they get there radio's from, what the heck a 4500 air induction pump is on the truck for & from the vary first post I ever made on Tundra Solutions where the he!! is my transmission dip stick. They wana play in the big boy truck market can't see giving any passes.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
id ask him why my "limited" tundra, doesnt have simple base options that a fully loaded truck from the competitor would have. especially when i can buy that truck for less. only reason i bought the tundra was due to their great reputation, and the fact hat my last GMC blew the trans at 50,000km.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I'd want to know the specifics of what they are doing to make sure these problems don't occurr in the future. I don't want some B.S. answer like "we're doing everything we can". that could mean anything, or nothing. I want to know point by point exactly what is being done that would make me want to buy a Toyota again.

·
Registered
859 Posts
i wouldnt ask him a thing. id thank him for a great truck and for taking care of a potential issue and send him on his way. i would ask the govt why their trucks suck tho
Not even why they don't use a clearcoat on white trucks? hahaha. Just kidding.

I'd ask him to get GM into shape. And Chrysler next.

I only cam over here in 2002 and didn't pay trucks much mind at first. Anyway, I got into a buddies Dodge. Not knowing by looking at them what year (decade for that matter) it was, I thought it was getting on in years with all the rattling, squeaking etc. Found out it was a couple of years old. And he had to get rid of it about a year later because of some thing or another messed up.

So, if we ask him anything, we should be asking him for help.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I'd want to know the specifics of what they are doing to make sure these problems don't occurr in the future. I don't want some B.S. answer like "we're doing everything we can". that could mean anything, or nothing. I want to know point by point exactly what is being done that would make me want to buy a Toyota again.
wow. its a mechanical thing. things happen. always has, always will. sounds like you are going to be one of the ones that refuses to be satisfied no matter what, and that explainations are owed to you.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow. its a mechanical thing. things happen. always has, always will. sounds like you are going to be one of the ones that refuses to be satisfied no matter what, and that explainations are owed to you.
To that I gota agree 1000% and you know Toyota took care of me, qwick & couteous like. I didn't buy from the closest dealer, it was a price thang, but later down the line I'll have the dealer do a few jobs for me & I'll give them a crack at it.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
I'd ask him why they don't make a diesel Tundra.... :devil: And what kind of car/truck he drives.. :D

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
the good question to ask him is why he doesnt offer HIDs in the tundra, the sequoia or even the land cruiser....

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd ask him why they don't make a diesel Tundra.... :devil: And what kind of car/truck he drives.. :D
That's what I'm talken bout, no doubt my Tundra is a great truck & Toyota a great company, but I do belirve they've slipped a little as of late, hope congress doesn't shake the ol boy up to much,

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I'd ask him to postulate on why he thinks Toyota is the only manufacturer under the gun, when Toyota has near the fewest recalls in automotive history.... um, can you say "Follow the greenback" ???

10 biggest recalls in history, as of Oct '08: Total Recall: Ten Largest Auto Recalls of All Time | The Truth About Cars

5 most notorious recalls of all time: History of Car Recalls - 5 Most Notorious Recalls of All Time - Popular Mechanics
and all of the people panicking and complaining about crap regarding the recall is making it even worse. im with you popo, toyota has only had a hanful of recall items when the other makers just have tons and tons and tons.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts