Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a Salsa Red Pearl 06 Access Cab...would you go with the matching color fiberglass topper, for the extra bucks and hassle (and inability to sell it down the road if needed) or go with a plain White one?

I saw a good deal on a blue one on eBay, but blue on red, naw.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You should get what you really want the first time around and call it a day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
On a Salsa Red Pearl 06 Access Cab...would you go with the matching color fiberglass topper, for the extra bucks and hassle (and inability to sell it down the road if needed) or go with a plain White one?

I saw a good deal on a blue one on eBay, but blue on red, naw.

Joe
What would the total deal look like to you if you included a good paint job on it? Make the decision on the total cost if you want matching colors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nothing looks worse than a nice truck with out a matching canopy, white would look like heII and bother you the whole time. I just put a matching range rider on my 2000 and it looks great. I would show it to you but I am not smart enough to post it on this site, but I am smart enough to get a matching canopy. Salsa Red is sooo hot looking too

·
Registered
93 Posts
Used caps are so much cheaper than new ones. You are going to want to have it color matched to your truck. Get some estimates from local body shops to see what they would charge for a paint job on the cap....then you'll have a good idea what the total cost of the cap would be

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
Color matching is hit or miss. Make sure you get last say on color approval before payment. I'd buy a used 1 that I knew matched my truck if I didn't need a commercial cap. I didn't want to get color matching because I'm cheap, it doesn't really matter to me, and I've seen bad matches. I got black instead because it matches the tires. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts