Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 diseal options a 6.5 to 7. Most of the 3/4 TO 1 ton offerings styles tend to go for more chrome on the front of their vehicles. Why not have a larger grill and bumper on the HD tundra with a thinner more streamlined chrome face. (bigger grill, less chrome)

I would also go for a stronger frame and larger tires.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
My vote goes for a factory installed/ built in brake controler. That should be standard on all HD trucks. And the option to get it loaded (Limited) with an 8 foot bed.

·
Registered
832 Posts
A simple I6 turbo diesel.

·
Registered
69 Posts
strong powerful diesel (duh)
some type of automatic locker standard
4:30 gears w/ optional 4:56
Solid Axle (please)
285/75/18 A/T tire standard (BFG or similar) not any crappy a/t slicks
power stepbars optional
no low hanging valance (ground clerance comparable to Dodge 2500)

thats all i got for now

more to come later

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yes, I'll second the solid front axle idea.

Make it like the dodge, but with better quality.

·
Registered
848 Posts
5th wheel/gooseneck hitch ready (so there is no drilling required)

of course a diesel

2 fuel tanks or at least 40 gallons in a single tank

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
A stronger bed with a payload of 4000 to 5000 lbs, a wider body (i.e. 84" instead of 79.9"), a larger gas tank (~40 to 45 gallons), and a dually option. :D
Realistically, only the payload part has any real chance to make it on the HD versions...

·
Registered
5 Posts
19.5" wheels, I6 turbo diesel, in bed trailer plug for 5th wheel, dually, 50 gallon fuel tank, exhaust brake.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Variable rate springs with optional factory airbags
dual battery capable
large enough towing mirrors (standard) to actually see the load
mega bright back up lights, or prewired for under bumper mount
weight distributing hitch standard
very large sway bars standard
LSD standard (not braking fake lsd) with optional factory lockers front and rear
Brake controller standard (based on pridigy system)
Factory turbo or supercharger
6 speed trans that actually reduces RPMs at highway speed (sub 2k @ 75)
ok that last one may be asking a lot, but it IS possible.
HD tie downs closer to the bed, not on the sides, standard.
100k warranty. Not limited, not restricted, a stand behind it warranty.
and finally, fix the paint problems with a very durable finish. It will be a working truck after all. If simply driving mine chips the paint off (and I am conservative with distances, debris etc), imagine what whould happen to a truck that's really worked every single day if it has the same crappy process and durability.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Daully diesel long bed Price close the the US truck lift gate tail gate better side markers

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think toyota has esentially mad an entry into the gasser 3/4 ton market with the new tundra. Probably just some heavier springs and higher load range tires and they would be set. As far as diesel, I would like to see the cummins, which i know dodge will never let go of, but it is a nice idea. And not the new 6.7, the old 5.9 "IT's the whole beast"

·
Registered
81 Posts
DC Limited with 8 foot bed. Some diesel offered. Larger fuel tank (at least 35-40 gallons) on all models. CM with 7 foot bed (would still fit in most "standard" garages (like mine)). Ability to order all "available" factory options from factory in any zone without have to buy "Luster Sheen", etc. Since I don't see any of this happening, I'm waiting to check out the refreshed Nissans with 7 and 8 foot beds this summer/fall, even though they aren't HD either. By that time, MAYBE Toyota will at least offer the DC Limited with an 8 foot bed. Anybody with influence listening???

·
Registered
228 Posts
5" chrome smoke stacks, an 8 inch lift and boggers even though it will never leave the pavement, lots of crappy Lund plastic visor add-ons, a ridiculously big chrome grille, fake roll bar, amber clearance lights, naked lady mud flaps and stickers in the back window of Calvin peeing on other logos.

·
Registered
35 Posts
8 foot bed - dually option - factory trailer brake controller - monotone interior color option - at least 700 lb/ft torque - Lecasse edition.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just saw this thread. I'd like to have a (~6.8L, V8) turbo-diesel engine as well, manual transmission, real transfer case levers (not those silly 4Hi - 4Lo switches), with rigid front axles. And since we're at it, locking front and rear differentials as well. Just like a Dodge Power Wagon, but only so much better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I too would love for a diesel engine. I would trade my new 07 tundra 4wd DC today for same vehicle w/ diesel engine and gladly eat the depreciation...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts