Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i found a trd supercharger with 9th injector forsale. Has 200k miles but just recently got fully rebuilt with paperwork. The guy is asking $5k... seems very steep

·
Registered
2005 Tundra Dbl Cab Limited: jba long tube headers, 2.5" X-pipe dual exhaust
32 Posts
Just a heads up, TDR stopped making them for a reason. You'll blow a rod unless you beef up the bottom end. Also, that's too much power for the stock drivetrain. You'd have to invest a ridiculous amount of money into the truck to be able to bolt on a supercharger without blowing up your truck.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I’ve got an 03 Toyota added the Supercharger to when the truck was new. I’ve had no problems at all because of it. I think it was about 5k new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
5k seems steep but also in line with all of the prices I've seen for the 4.7L TRD supercharger. I'm not sure why. I put the TRD supercharger on my Tacoma and 4Runner with the 3.4L and both times paid about $1,300. First one was brand new, second one was used. I guess it becomes a supply and demand thing. TRD stops producing them and they slowly turn into solid gold like everything else TRD stops making...

·
Registered
5 Posts
That sounds in line but you might want to see if URD has a good setup. I think they make a kit for the 2UZ-FE. I think it would be pretty cool to have an OEM supercharger but the prices are a little high because of lack of availability. Our shop built a Tacoma with a 4.0 v6 and factory supercharger up to around 450hp using some URD upgrades. The owner said it would spin the tires when he was getting onto the freeway. It would be interesting to see what a fully built supercharged v8 would do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts