Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 tundra, w a leveling kit, i drive 2hrs to work and back everyday, im now running a 265/70R16 on stock rims, i wanna run a nice aggressive, 265/75/16 with a mean lookin sidewall,and thread, my price range is $200 a tire, i need somthing that wont get chewed up super fast. Ive seen a few that I like but need help deciding,
. interco trxus m/t
. Goodyear duratrac
.hankook dynapro mt rt30
.nexen roadian mt
.just saw wally worlds new goodyear wrangler authority a/t
any sugestions??

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Look into Firestone Destination MT's, they have very good reviews on tire rack, and are about $180 each for that size. If it means anything my buddy has these on his 05' Xterra and he has about 50K miles and still look like he has another 5-10K left. These will be my next tires!!!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
After spending the last few months looking for tires and reading reviews, I'm gonna get the Duratracs. IMO they look fairly aggressive without being a full blown M/T. Sears is the cheapest place I found them locally.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im worried that driving so much that the 285 75 16 would eat my lunch!! they fit on stock wheels w/o rubbing,

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,301 Posts
i need somthing that wont get chewed up super fast.
any sugestions??

thanks guys
LT215/85R16/E Michelin XPS® Traction

I have them on my 4WD 2002 and they are basically bullet proof.

Another option with a less aggressive tread pattern would be the E rated LTX® M/S from Michelin.
I roll on LT225/75R16/E LTX® M/S from late spring to late fall.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
The TrXus M/T will wear fast.

A lot of guys have said the KM2 is wearing well on the highway.

The new asymmetric Wrangler is supposed to be good offroad and on.

The Nitto M/T wears quickly.

BFG AT/KO wears like iron, and in general I would recommend it as the best overall "do-all" tire, but it may not have the styling you're seeking.

In general, I would not buy a mud tire, or anything with open lugs, for majority road use. Personally, I'd like to run a 35" Nokian on a street wheel, and keep a set of Intercos on beater wheels for the trail...but money is always an issue when a set of tires runs over a grand. For your use, and most of us, an all-terrain style will suffice for everything except clay mud.

-Sean

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check out the Nitto terra grapplers. Had a set on my truck and they lasted pretty long, provided a great ride on the road with little noise, and were awesome off road. I believe they offer a 265/75/16 (I think thats the size I had).

·
Registered
429 Posts
I really like my Firestone Destination A/T's....better than my last set of BFG A/T ko's.....They are lasting longer and seem to have better on and off road behavior

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I've got BFG AT/KO size 265/75/16 on my '01 TRD. $1100 installed with warranty at Big-O Tires. This is the fourth set of these tires I have had, although only the first on my Tundra. I went through two sets on my T100 and got 60k out of both of them. Granted, that was a V6 with a manual tranny. I have noticed they are wearing quicker on my Tundra, so I make sure to rotate them every 5k, along with my synthetic oil change. I think these are definitely the best all-round tires and have the best looking sidewall. I live in Colorado so we get every type of road conditions known to man, and we have great off-road trails to boot, and these have really been the best tires to meet all my needs. I had a set of Michelin LTX M/S on my Tundra before. They were good and had slightly harder rubber, so lasted longer and were quieter, but didn't have nearly as good performance on snow and ice, and didn't look nearly as good. So I recommend the BFG if you're gonna be driving in snow or off-road much, and the Michelin if you're gonna stick to the pavement.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My 2002 4x4 came factory with 265/70 16's.

I put the Dunlop All Terrain tire on there because they were about the only Load C (6 ply) I could find.
It has been a great tire. It is snow rated and has got about 60,000 miles on them at least, probably more. Good mud tire as well. Been very pleased with them. And they are cheaper than the BF Goodrich KO's, Firestone, Bridgestone, etc...

Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Mickey Thompson baja ATZs look nice and have pretty good feedback. Theyre a little over $200 for a 265/75/16 but depending on what website you buy them from you can find a 5-10% discount coupon.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
285/75/16 Dick Cepek FCII, I have 60k on them now and at least 10k left. Has been great tire, much better than BFG AT KO.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I've decided to order the Goodyear duratracs. 265/75/16. I'll post a before and after this weekend. There $950 mounted, balanced, and w the warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts