Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a nicer, low mileage 2006 DC XSP Tundra for about 4 months now. In May, I almost pulled the trigger on 06 XSP with 21k miles at a local Toyota dealer. The final deal was $18.5k, out the door (taxes included). I pulled out of the deal because of a few long key scratches, a slightly curb-rashed BBS wheel, and a hint of cigarette smoke inside.

Today I looked at silver 06 XSP (2wd) with only 9k miles. Original owner, nonsmoker. Not garaged, but body and paint appear flawless.

The owner has had the car for sale for about 3 weeks. He is asking $24.5k, but admits he has not received any serious offers. He doesn't appear to be in any rush selling the truck.

What would you offer for this exceptionally low mileage Tundra? I was thinking $19k, although I'd still need to add 3% sales tax. I'm seeing a few XSP Tundras in southeast Toyota dealers advertised at $21-22k. I suspect the dealers aren't getting over $20k for them now.

To any dealers out there, what are these 06 Tundras going for at the regional auctions? There should be a ton of off-lease 2006 Tundras spilling into the market now.

Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks.

Dean

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Try edmunds.com You can enter all the information that you know about the truck and
it will give you what you could expect to pay for it from a dealer, private seller or
as a trade in.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Edmonds and KBB do not list the XSP as it is a Southeastern Toyota vehicle only. I believe it should be along the same line as the Texan or Custom/Limited. My salesman explained the differrence as the single CD player vs the mulit-CD changer. Leather Bucket Seats vs Leather "Captain's Chairs"
Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KBB does list the "X-SP" and Texas edition options and estimates that the private party value of this truclk to be $ 21,755. NADA (at least the consumer level guide) does not list the XSP option.

Edmunds.com doesn't have the XSP or 20" wheels option as a choice. They estimate the limited edition with leather to be worth $ 20,433 as a private party sale.

I suspect these prices as inflated, since autotrader has a few XSP's with less than 25k miles at retail $20-21k "asking prices" at Toyota dealers.

IMO, the best perspectives on prices would come from regional auction prices and recent trade-in experiences.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I offered the private seller $ 19.5k, which I thought was a generous offer. He rejected the offer, and wants $24k.

Considering a 06 Tundra XSP stickered at $32k and had $4k factory rebates in 2006, I am walking away from this one. Plenty of other choices in this price range.

Dean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts