Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to sell my truck for some time now and I believe Im pricing it too high solely because of this emotional attachment I have to it! The interior and exterior is amazing for 120K miles and the engine is running as smooth as the day I bought it. Whats a fair price for this truck with all the goodies listed in my sig? I had it at $14K...is that too much? TIA

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The bottom line is that you won't get very much for your mods. Most people only purchase the mods that they value. That's why they call 'em mods. What does Edmunds.com say about the value of your truck? Take a look at what they add on for a particular option - not much. $50 here $120 there.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes I am wel aware of non-value of added mods...Thats why i think I might take the s/c off and such...basically bring the truck back to stock where I would stand to make more...Edmunds values it at around $10K...But I have been seeing bone stock Regular cab v6's going for that with the same miles and worse condition...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I think you have to ask yourself how much you would pay extra for someone's mods. Would you pay $4K extra?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heavy mods can also mean heavy abuse to some people. Like if you have the truck lifted and a set of tires for mudding or rock climbing and another set for street driving, that would tell me that you do some fair amount of offroading; more than the average person. So that might mean there is more abuse on your truck than a similar stock truck. That would make your truck worth less to me because of the mods. Sure, I might like the mods on there and intend to do something similar myself, but I would rather buy one that hasn't already gone through all the offroading for fear of unknown damage I can't see right away.
Yeah I can definetly see your point...The mud tires are really just for the winter as 13" wide 20's dont do too well in the snow...My jeep is for offroading. But not that that matters. My real emphasis is on the supercharger (and wheels and tires) that is done right. Most people dont address computer, timing, and fuel issues with forced induction. I however have made this to be as reliable as a stock yota with the added benefit of more power. I guess thats why I have priced it about 4K more than KBB yet I cant speak for anyone else if they would pay that premium or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts