Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2005 DC with the Tokiko shocks on it. They need replaced. I've been told that Bilstein's would be the way to go, but I don't want a stiff ride in particular. Almost all my driving is on paved roads.

So, I've been told the original blue/yellow TRD Bilsteins would be better than Tokiko, but still not too stiff. Trouble is, which part number do I look for? Is it

48510-AF140

or

48510-A9310

or

48510-09350 ?

All of these have been mentioned at one time or another, so I'm confused.

Thanks!

Josh

·
Registered
302 Posts
48510-A9310 is for a 4wd DC w/offroad package that supersedes part #48510-AF140, this would be the correct one.

48510-09350 is for a 4wd AC w/o offroad package.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Probably but 48510-A9300 is the listing for 2wd.
I'm bumping this in the hopes that someone can answer the question--Does anyone know what is the actual difference between those shocks for the 2wd and the 4wd?

The Toyo parts page lists what looks to be a dozen different shocks--and it is insane!

What I have--original Tokiko blacks on the front of my 2003 2wd V6 Standard Cab

What I also have in hand are a decent pair of used fronts that have the 48510-AF140 Toyo/yellow blue Bilsteins that I got off a forum member years ago that I was finally going to install.

What kind of problems might I create for myself if I install them?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
My guess is the difference is probably for weight. A 4wd truck is heavier so the shocks are probably valved slightly differently for that. If the shock you are going to put on is for a heavier truck then I would think it would ride a little stiffer, but would you even feel the difference?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts