Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Been a while since I have checked out the forum. But it's about time I upgraded some parts on the truck. Looking to get some bigger tires and a lift that will not sag the *** as I'm towing my 28ft boat (34ft trailer overall). Its about 7000 lbs all together. I'm fine with the factory TRD 18in rims. And Im leaning towards the BFG AT KO 305s. Aside from trimming the skid plate, lifting in front and a bit in the rear. What other caveats are there to look out for? Im guessing Truxx, Ready Lift, Toytec lifts are still the standard fare. If not please let me know what is better theses days (in 2.5/1 or 3/1 inch lifts).

08 CrewMax LTD 4x4 TRD offroad package current wheel setup (BFG RT 275/65/18) on TRD rims.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If you're concerned with the rear sagging under load, I'd recommend getting some air bags. They're not too expensive, and they will definitely support the rear.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A while back i read that there are issues with these spacer and coil insert lift kitts as well. Any news on what brands are better. Or less stressful on the suspension per say.

Bags sound like an option in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts