Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Does anybody know what the backspacing is for these wheels?...they're 16" OEM alloys off a 2006 TRD Access Cab. I'm guessing they are 4 1/2. Anyone know??:confused:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Every factory wheel (16") from a Tundra, Tacoma, 4Runner that I have seen is +15mm offset, and I have purposely tried to look at as many different ones as I could, but there are a few I have not seen, and the ones you are showing are one of the ones I have not. Turn the rim over and look at all the numbers; there will usually be date codes, plant codes, sometimes a partial Toyota or Enkei or whoever supplied them part number. Usually the offset is there also, look for a lone number of prob 0, 10, 15 (most likely), 18 etc. Add the thickness from the bead seat to outermost flange and that will be the backspacing. A +15mm offset will usually yield a 4.5 backspace on a 7" wide rim with approx 3/8" thick area from bead seat to outermost part of rim.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...I think they are probably just as you said...4 1/2" backspacing. If I had them here, I'd just measure the backspacing...unfortunately, the pics are from Ebay. I was thinking of buying them but I don't think the normal 4 1/2 BS will work with my 285/75/16's. They'll probably hit the UCA as well as rub the frame at full lock. Does anyone have factory rims with this tire size? If so, how did you fix the rubbing? Spacers are horrible when it comes to balancing...they'll make the whole truck shimmy at any speed over 45mph. What about wheel adapters (hubcentric)? Maybe 1 1/4 inches thick? Feedback, anyone? I really like the stock rims...just want to get away from the UCA and frame. I've got camburgs set at 2 1/2 inches by the way.

·
Registered
469 Posts
4.5" backspacing for sure. I measured mine before.:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
with a 285mm section width, youll need an 8" wide rim at 4.5" backspacing to clear the upper control arm and frame.

wheel adapters work well but you need to keep a close eye on them with regards to checking torque on the inner and especially the outer lugs and lug nuts until the lugs are thoroughly seated.

-Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts