Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, am new with tundra and i would really like to get a cat back .. i would like something with a good performance and sound . what would you guys advise me to go with . thank you

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have magna blow not bad am plain on useing power sticks and going custom. But i have herd grerat things about corsa.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone heard anything good about Gibson for a 2010 4.6L? price is decent but everyone seems to like the Corsa

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
A tot of ppl are split between Borla and Corsa.

I have Borla and have had it for over 40K miles. Still love it, and still get compliments on it every once and a while.

Cleans up great as well.

If you were gonna do Gibson, I'd just take it to an exhaust shop. Well, mandrel bent T304 (or even T409) stainless are hard to find cheap, so it might be worth it just for the system, then swap in whatever muffler you want.

-rockstate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys .. and do u guys have any idea of which headers will be the best to go with it ?... i dont want to remove the catalytic . thanks again

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a JBA 3 inch mandrel bent stainless single outlet catback for my 5.7, and had terrible drone issues at about 60-70 mph. Also saw a noticable decrease in fuel mileage, and low end power. I took it back off and am running the stock exhaust now, but I wish I had some sound sometimes. But that would be the only reason for the system, which makes it hard to justify financially. If I was going to spend the money on it, it would have to be the Corsa, because it is the best sounding one that I have heard, and is supposed to have no interior drone, but I have no idea what it would do to mileage or low end torque because it is a very similar design to the JBA system.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Corsa.

·
Registered
6 Posts
MBRP!!! perfect fit, no drone, and sounds great!!!!:beavbutt:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I ordered a JBA 3 inch mandrel bent stainless single outlet catback for my 5.7, and had terrible drone issues at about 60-70 mph. Also saw a noticable decrease in fuel mileage, and low end power. I took it back off and am running the stock exhaust now, but I wish I had some sound sometimes. But that would be the only reason for the system, which makes it hard to justify financially. If I was going to spend the money on it, it would have to be the Corsa, because it is the best sounding one that I have heard, and is supposed to have no interior drone, but I have no idea what it would do to mileage or low end torque because it is a very similar design to the JBA system.
I had basically the same experience with my JBA 3" single, you do lose some how end torque, mpg remained the same for me, its been on the truck for 4 months and has got a lot of rust on the mounts, pretty much have to get it welded together otherwise you'll keep having to re-clamp the pipes together. My drone went away after i got the 305's put on though, which i found odd. Truck has a nice sound but i wouldn't buy it again. :beatsme:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Corse, No drone what so ever... Plenty of sound when you get in it...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
MBRP is a MBRP (It might be an acronym for something but that's what it's known as).

I know it's good on the F150s but nobody ever posts any sound clips of 'em - so let's hear 'em.

I'm not a fan of Banks. I've heard it personally on the Tundras and it makes them sound ricey from behind. The tips are also too large. 4" IMO is good for the Tundra.

-rockstate

1 - 20 of 83 Posts