Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want something with a very deep tone,I know everyone's opinion is very different,but just list the systems you have,thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
MagnaFlow

·
Supporter
111 Posts
MBRP is what I have now, 3" cat back single, very happy with it. I have also had a Borla and though expensive they are very nice.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Borla! Had a Magnaflow and it droned horribly in the cab to the point you could not have a conversation.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a Banks that has no drone what so ever. Its loud when you want it to be and sounds pretty nice IMHO. I also heard that Corsa makes a no drone but its pricey.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Haven't heard too much in person besides flowmaster 40 SI/DO. It was coarse, tinny, and sounded more like a running washing machine than a V8 truck. The TRD is good workmanship but not NEARLY enough sound for the money in my opinion. I have heard various other systems that sound decent but it seems like with the design of this motor it's not as easy to get the kind of grumble out of it that you'll easily have throwing any cheap brand name aftermarket muffler on a Chevy or a Dodge.

Only thing that really makes me drool with the Toyota 5.7 is listening to sound clips of powersticks and the Corsa Sport. Everything else sounds MEH. I have pretty much set my sights on the Corsa Sport. Once this wedding is over and the joint account is set up to placate my soon-to-be wife and give her a place to park separate money for all the lovely expensive things she wants to do, I'll be picking one up.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I ended up with a Corsa Touring on my 2010 DC. Started out with the Sport but it was too loud (for me) The Touring muffler is internally resonated so it's just a little "milder" than the Sport. I was looking for sound rather than noise,I think I made the right choice for my uses.:clap:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Another vote for the Corsa Sport from me, had it for a year and a half and I still roll down the windows to listen to it

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the Gibson stainless steel extreme. Easy install and classic sound. Combined with a Volant CAI system, almost sounds NASCAR like. Don't really know it's there until you step on it. It has a nice loud throaty sound when you want it. Otherwise, it's easy to hide when you're just cruising along. Only problem was the saddle clamps were hard to get tight enough for the pipes not to turn.Thinking about having it welded. Even though a dual rear exit exhaust looks nice, IMHO I think any pickup trucks' exhaust should exit out the side for practicality.Towing and/or hooking up a trailer, backing up to a loading dock, launching a boat, etc. it just seems to make more sense. Great value, easy install and aggressive exit angle with stylish slashed tips makes this a good choice for an aftermarket cat back exhaust system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a magnaflow and drone was horrible. Put on the corsa spot and it is incredible. Sounds almost stock at highway and nasty when you put your foot in it.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Corsa Sport with afe CAI make a nice match and after about 2,000 miles the sound has hit a nice stride. Not much there when going down neighborhood street but a little throttle and a little sound. Punch it and it growls. Lots of throttle and lots of sound. Minimal drone, if any. Little pricey but worth it if you can do it!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Stay away from JBA. I been running it for 2years now and its o.k. pretty much have to get it welded because it wont stay together if you dont, the clams are terrible. Drones around 50-55mph. Ill keep it but id never buy it again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For a mere $200 installed I'd go with the Spintech Sportsman XL, sounds awesome and no drone.....

love mine and get compliments all the time!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
AERO 3131XL (simular to the Spintech). Nice and mellow, deep but not Tuba deep. Gonna install a 3" mandrel tailpipe to straighten the flow and gain some more bottom end.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
Proforce. Pretty quiet when you are at an idle. Deep powerful voice when you are giving it the gas. Outright MEAN when you are WOT. No raspeyness. No drone. Guaranteed for LIFE. The whole system just bolts right on.
Do a search. There are a LOT of sound clips of all of the above mentioned systems. I downloaded 5 of them, hooked up some nice speakers and listened to them all. My Son and I chose the Proforce above them all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just saw some videos of Corsa on youtube,but nearly a $1000 for exhaust?That's pretty expensive..I'm gonna run up to my local exhaust shop tomorrow and talk to one of them about getting the Corsa a little cheaper,if they can't I'll probably go with Gibson.

Thanks for all the great replies guys!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Guys, great thread....... After doing tons of research I decided to go with the Corsa Sport for my 2010 Tundra D/C 5.7 SEMA Project. I know it is a bit pricey, but IMHO it is the best system available right now. You can order through Northridge Toyota using promo code "Toxic Tundra" and they will extend some great savings and free shipping, ask for Fred Harrison or Terry Banks.

Ryan

·
Registered
97 Posts
Another for Spintech sportsmanXL. Had mine for a month now and it sounds great. I like the deep sound and its not to loud and not to quite. Great for the $$ and I would do it again without thinking twice. Just did a muffler replacement and tip with stock pipes. If you want deep, I would highly recommend it, compared to Corsa, which sounds very "poppy" to me and not deep at all compared to others.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts