Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my old laptop for $800 and want to put that money in my pride and joy (don't tell my kids I said that :cool:)

I've got an 04 Access Cab that is pretty much plain-jain stock. It does have nice running boards and a bedliner--that is it.

What would you kind folks recommend I do? I guess I would prefer performance upgrades versus cosmetics, though I would entertain all ideas. I don't do much off-roading (though I wish I did), just a little to make the kids smile (doesn't take much for a bunch of toddlers).

Air intake? Exhaust? Lift Kit? You Report, I'll Decide (with your help, of course). I know most of you have got mods...so think....what's the best bang for $800.

This is the best site in the world!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i'm very sorry--i just realized this forum is for 2007 and newer tundras. I am brand new as of tonight--honest mistake.

you guys and yer new tundras--man i'm jealous--but i waited for 7 years to get my used 04 and am thrilled! maybe one day i'll be buyin your used 07 model :tu:.

sorry for posting to the wrong area--won't make this mistake twice!

chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the best uprade(s) for $800???

I just sold my old laptop for $800 and want to put that money in my pride and joy (don't tell my wife and kids I said that :clown: )

I've got an 04 Access Cab that is pretty much plain-jain stock. It does have nice running boards and a bedliner--that is it.

What would you kind folks recommend I do? I guess I would prefer performance upgrades versus cosmetics, though I would entertain all ideas. I don't do much off-roading (though I wish I did), just a little to make the kids smile (doesn't take much for a bunch of toddlers).

Air intake? Exhaust? Lift Kit? You Report, I'll Decide (with your help, of course). I know most of you have got mods...so think....what's the best bang for $800.

This is the best site in the world!!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: What is the best uprade(s) for $800???

If you're not ruling out audio performance, get a new headunit and set of 4 speakers. That, and my subwoofer, has been my best mod to date (I love my music), and in my case came out to about $650 all told. :tu:

·
Premium Member
242 Posts

JBA headers. End of discussion. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Justme--
how much did the headers run you? did you install yourself? thanks--i bet that arizona sun looks great shinin' on your true-blue tundra!

·
Registered
271 Posts

Honestly, a small leveling kit and some new wheels and tires. You could pull this off for a little more than $800 and you would not believe the appearance difference. Definitely makes your truck stand out. In my world, audio stuff comes last

Ryan

·
Registered
340 Posts

Honestly, a small leveling kit and some new wheels and tires. You could pull this off for a little more than $800 and you would not believe the appearance difference. Definitely makes your truck stand out. In my world, audio stuff comes last

Ryan
x2....but it would be pushing it to get it under $800. Other than that, the headers would def. be a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
271 Posts

**** I forgot to double the cost for the wheels. Then just get bigger tires and a leveling kit. That ought to be right around $800

Ryan

·
Registered
357 Posts
i'm very sorry--i just realized this forum is for 2007 and newer tundras. I am brand new as of tonight--honest mistake.

you guys and yer new tundras--man i'm jealous--but i waited for 7 years to get my used 04 and am thrilled! maybe one day i'll be buyin your used 07 model :tu:.

sorry for posting to the wrong area--won't make this mistake twice!

chris
Not a problem Chris, hope you and the kids enjoy your new truck. Maybe spend the $800 on a rear seat DVD player for the the toddlers when your not off roading?

·
Registered
350 Posts

x2....but it would be pushing it to get it under $800. Other than that, the headers would def. be a nice upgrade.
X3 made a huge differance in looks, well worth the $$

·
Premium Member
242 Posts

Just doing this from memory but I believe it was $680?? [FONT=&quot]Titanium coated for the vvti. Should be less for your rig. I did install them myself! My hands still hate me for doing it too. ;)[/FONT]

Justme--
how much did the headers run you? did you install yourself? thanks--i bet that arizona sun looks great shinin' on your true-blue tundra!

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
another laptop :eek:

window tint & remote start alarm. :tu: :tu:

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
put it in the bank and earn the interest

·
Registered
910 Posts
I wouldn't bother with performance upgrades. They just aren't worth the money for what you get.

I'm a function over form guy, so I like to think about my needs and go from there. If you spend a lot of time in the truck, audio and interior upgrades are nice. If you spend a lot of time off-road, lockers might be nice.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Take your wife/girlfriend (or both) on a nice vacation.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
I wouldn't bother with performance upgrades. They just aren't worth the money for what you get.

I'm a function over form guy, so I like to think about my needs and go from there. If you spend a lot of time in the truck, audio and interior upgrades are nice. If you spend a lot of time off-road, lockers might be nice.
I agree with you Shall.

I have no money invested in performance, because the V8 is plenty of kick already. My money went into better sound. :tu:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts