Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im wondering what the difference is between a 2.0" coilover and a 2.5" coilover? what are the advantages of the 2.5 or the 2.0? is there any performance advantage? for example what is the difference between the SAW 2.0" coilover and the 2.5" coilover?

THANKS.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Its the diameter of the bore (the piece that goes in and out of the coilover body). The bigger the bore the more area there is for cooling. Having a 2.5 bore will be better if you offroad alot while the 2.0 is for moderate situations. I've never rode in a truck with 2.0 of any coilover so I could not say if theres a differrence. My Icon's are 2.5 and they work great. I would go 2.5 just to have that added benefit and it might be better for your dcab. Hope that help....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man that helped alot, how do you like your icons?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Thanks man that helped alot, how do you like your icons?
Love them!!! Given they are the extended travel Icon's and coupled with Camburg UCA's and no swaybars my truck handles and rides better then ever. At first they were a little stiff, but now they are broken in they feel great. I should have installed these when I first got my truck rather then testing other lifting ways.:rolleyes: No regrets now!!:tu:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats awsome, i think im gonna go with the S.A.W 2.5 coilovers and see how those turn out, and if i dont like them when i make rate and get alil more income ill try the same set up you have, although if i wanna go full out on it ill throw a total chaos long travel kit in there who knows only time will tell. id love to get feedback on those SAWs if anyone is runnin them feel free to add input.
thanks guys

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And Derek thumbs up on that truck! looks pretty bad ass!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the 2.5" Sway-A-Ways (Camburg) on my truck and I love them! They're a little rough on the street over small bumps, but they soak up big bumps extremely well!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how long have you had them on your truck? thats good to hear that you like them!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think I put them on in December of last year. So around 10 months...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they dont have any fade so far? also how do you like that camburg UCA? iv heard a couple of complaints about them. sorry im asking so many questions i like to hear from people who actually have time on these products!
thanks!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
No problems here with my UCA's. I've had them for a little over a year now and I bought them used and still no problems. Keep them clean and you'll be fine! Check the classified section of this form, NegroTundra is selling his Camburg UCA's for a good price and the practically brand new....

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I've had no real trouble with my Camburg arms either but I have a HUGE problem with Icon's......... they aren't on my truck.:crazy3d:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I had a 2" coilover spacer kit on my truck. It road just a little stiffer than stock ride height but other than that there really wasn't that much of a difference. Handling was about the same.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS DEREK! thats badass!

·
Registered
566 Posts
My shocks have gotten a little softer since I put them on, but not much. I love my Camburg UCA's! Some people complain about the noise, but they're quiet if you keep them clean. They're a lot better than a binding ball joint for sure though!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats awsome to hear, where did you buy them from? i looked at 4wheel parts, wheelers offroad, and ORW and they all look to have the same prices on parts, any tips on where to buy?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I got my UCA's from Wheeler's.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
x2 on Wheelers, they're cool guys! I ordered my Icons from there, free shipping and no tax...Tell them everyone from TS sent you!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
awsome thanks guys!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's a guy on the forum that works at Wheelers. He PM'd me and offered some advice to a query I had and even offered to hook me up when I got ready to order. They're solid folks in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts