Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the little yellow light for that on the arm rest (center console) in front of the removable round ashtray? You can see it if you open the lid of the console, take out the ashtray and look down there- what's that for?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
If you smoked, you would know what it is for.;) :tu:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The lady who showed me the features on the truck said it was so you could see where the ashtray was at night. I dont smoke so I dont know.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yeah, its one of the many courtesy lights thru out the interior

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
its like a maplight i think... i dont think it really serves a purpose but it makes my limited feel like a lexus or mercedes... very very nice

·
Registered
324 Posts
it's just a little extra courtesy light. it's not very bright, but I believe that's all it is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If your wife is driving up into the mountains to go camping and you're drinking a beer in the passenger seat, you'll know what it's for. :)

I love those 2 little yellow lights...the other one is on the rearview mirror. Definitely handy at night. Just a nice little interior light to see what's going on in the center console but not distracting to the driver. A really nice touch.

No smoking in this Tundra.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Sorry for opening an old thread. Does anyone have a better answer. This "light " doesn't put out enough light to do anything. What is it really for?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thats exactly what its for, it comes on with your headlights to provide a little light to the drink holders so you can see what you're reaching for.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
Er, have you driven at night? it puts out enough light to see your coffee cup there or the ashtray if you happen to smoke

·
Registered
86 Posts
my limited has the same light on bottom of rear view mirrors, all it is ambiance lighting that cost toyota next to nothing but adds a really cool look at night, i love it, thanks toyota for doing yet another little something to set the bar a little higher

·
Registered
579 Posts
my limited has the same light on bottom of rear view mirrors, all it is ambiance lighting that cost toyota next to nothing but adds a really cool look at night, i love it, thanks toyota for doing yet another little something to set the bar a little higher
LOL! Impressed by bright shiney things.:D

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Now if only they offered it some other color besides orange, I wouldn't be contemplating busting my warranty to change to a light blue or white.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts