Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me 04 Sequoia has developed a noise.
Its rotational
Seems to be from the rear axle
Does not seem to change with braking
Just started the last few days.

Wheel/hub bearing??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't feel anything with the noise. The speed with which the noise happens leads me to believe it's something wheel, brake, hub, or axle related. It doesn't seem fast enough to be driveshaft related.
I plan on putting it up on jackstands and pulling the wheels this weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It does sound like a parking brake shoe IMO. Maybe not a bad idea to at least pull off the rear rotors and check

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check for bad U joint(s). I experienced similar noises in my 05 Tundra and it was a bad u joint. I pulled out the drive shaft and replaced the 3 ujoints with Moog brand and have had no problems for like 2 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check for bad U joint(s). I experienced similar noises in my 05 Tundra and it was a bad u joint. I pulled out the drive shaft and replaced the 3 ujoints with Moog brand and have had no problems for like 2 years.
Funny you should mention that. I tried to grease the front driveshaft the other day and I couldn't get the gun tip on the zerks. There wasn't enough clearance between the yokes.
That said, I don't think its driveshaft. It doesn't sound fast enough to coincide with the driveshaft rotating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bearings. I have had to replace a bearing (whole hub, unfortunately) on my 2005 Sequoia, 2010 Tundra, and my 2016 Tundra. The Sequoia noise drove me crazy for about a year trying to figure out what it was .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
drumfunky
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing