Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering trading my 08 for a 10 model as I do a ton of miles but the incentives stink and base prices seem to be a few thousand more then a year ago. Also most dealers only have a few trucks to choose from. :sad: Last I knew car and truck sales where still way down. What gives?

On the good side it seems trade in values are up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just had to order my 2010 Crewmax, the truck I wanted was not available in 5 states. Toyota is smart and has cut way back on production on the Tundra.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just picked up my new beauty on Tuesday. I had been looking for a while, decided to order one to get what I wanted. I believe someone told me that one or two plants stopped production a while back. Inventory has been down. One manager said that demand and trying to keep the price of the Tundra up is the reason. Who knows for sure. There had been $2000 marketing support to dealer for July and August and thru September 8th(just made it on my purchase). Don't know if they continued that, you can find it on edmunds.com.

·
Registered
375 Posts
id love to trade my 08 for a 2010 but yea the prices are pretty high and my truck is still pretty new 10,000 miles haha
but at least i know when i do trade in later down the road for a 2010 and up itll be lower then it is now. haha

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
265 Posts
Seems this has hugely affected the used Tundra market also. I bought my 08 used back in 2008.

BAck then you could find 07 CM 4x4 sr5's with under 30k miles for 25-26 grand. I bought my 08 for 30,500 and it had like 16k miles and was a limited with ever option other than the 20" rims "had trd"

I just want to find a 2010 or 09 CM 4x4 sr5 for my dad. After owning 2 limiteds I must say that we both would rather save the money and go sr5. Leather seats are nice, but cloth is more comfortable imo, the factory nav sucks horribly.

I don't know why Auto companies can't make a gps that is equal to a 200 dollar garmin from wal-mart.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't know why Auto companies can't make a gps that is equal to a 200 dollar garmin from wal-mart.
I'd turn that around... I don't know why anyone would pay $1k+ for a built-in NAV when you can get a portable for $200. The screen may be smaller, but they do the job nicely... and you can take it with you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The marketing to dealer support is a rebate to the dealer. Say you know nothing about it. Whatever you pay for your truck, the dealer gets $2000 rebate from Toyota. If you mention it, usually you can negotiate part or all of it. Wait til you have your best price tho. They get the money back. When looking, there are some dealers that say that that is not a rebate and non negotiable. They liked to keep it out of the equation and put sales pressure on you, "what if I drop the price by $500?". They know that they are getting $2000 back and can make the deal seem sweet if you don't know about it.

Also, I found a dealer that said he would sell me the truck at dealer cost, plus a 5% mark up - not too bad. However, dealer cost sometimes means only on the truck only. Any options are at MSRP, usually a 20% difference. If you add a bunch of options, you are losing out, in my opinion, and not really getting dealer cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts