Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mind the auto locking at 12 mph but the auto unlock when you put it into park is a not safe. I don't want all of my doors unlocking when I pull into the drive up teller machine.

Can these be reprogrammed? I know you can on the "Limited" but I didn't see any options on the SR5.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I would think that the default setting could be changed, never seen any in the last 20 years or so that couldn't. I changed my wife's GM to lock manually only by the lock buton, but unlock (if locked) when put in park. Look back at the manual, but not on the pages that show how to use power locks, look for something like "owner preferences" or some similar heading. It would be too simple to put the instructions where you think they would be.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I really don't know why I keep doing this.

THE NEW GUYS NEED TO LEARN TO SEACH BEFORE POSTING ABOUT THE SAME THINGS THAT ARE ALREADY HERE!!!

Here is the .pdf of the costomizable electronic parameters. Some you can change, some the dealer has to do it. I think you have to see the dealer.

.pdf attached, good luck, welcome, and congrats on the new tundra.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
So if the pdf says "Techstream" or "Intelligent Programmer" what does that mean? Is that some special computer tool that the dealer has or will run-of-the mill OBD computers at most automotive shops be able to do it?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
So if the pdf says "Techstream" or "Intelligent Programmer" what does that mean? Is that some special computer tool that the dealer has or will run-of-the mill OBD computers at most automotive shops be able to do it?
I don't think the OBDs will do it. Toyota service dept should have the right programmer. Someone else knows more than me. If you search a bit on this forum, there is a long thread about this topic, tons of info in that thread.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't know why I keep doing this.

THE NEW GUYS NEED TO LEARN TO SEACH BEFORE POSTING ABOUT THE SAME THINGS THAT ARE ALREADY HERE!!!

Here is the .pdf of the costomizable electronic parameters. Some you can change, some the dealer has to do it. I think you have to see the dealer.

.pdf attached, good luck, welcome, and congrats on the new tundra.

Thanks for the information. And for what's it worth, I did search but did not find what I was looking for. No need to yell brother.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts