Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I don't know about the black carpet, but that is one sweet looking truck. I'd have to fly out and take a look before I bought it though.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Dean,
I don't know for sure about how the '06 was set up from the factory but the black carpet in an otherwise grey interior raises my eyebrow too, maybe we are both paranoid but as a self proclaimed "car guy" I know some dealers would be happy to throw a few hundred into a carpet to mask wear/tear or damage. It claims to have a clear carfax so that means whatever may have happened was not reported, not that it is definitely "clean". The big rims, side steps, and aftermarket stereo tells me it's probably a younger person (either in age or actions) who drove it so you never know. Unless you were close enough to check it out personally I'd be mighty scared of getting stuck with a potential lemon, Just my 2 cents worth though. Scott

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have bought several cars or trucks through EBay ( including 3 Tundras) and one way to check them is to ask a lot of pertinent questions to the seller and to arrange a check up by a dealer or mechanic close by.

Try to find out the origin of that truck and, using the VIN number, call a local dealer and ask about the black carpet and whatever other issues bother you.

Also, remember you can always bid lower than asking price and call the seller about your concerns.

If you do win the auction and "buy" the truck for $20,000, the seller will want a Bank check or cash as payment. Go to your bank and get a $18,000 cashier's check and $2,000 in cash. When you fly there to pick up the truck, if you find a flaw or a "surprise" you can always offer the seller $18,000 for that truck ( or $19,000 ) depending on the issue in question.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i like the black carpet but i looks as those it isnt properly installed or just there to cover something up. before i spent that kind of money i would check it out personally and def take it to a local toyota dealer to check everything out as well

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Just ask the seller about it. It also shows that it is an XSP edition, which is a SET special edition. I know they modified some things on that edition. Maybe someone here has one as well and can shed some light on it. Any one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an XSP and looked at a few in different colors before I bought it new, and never did I see black carpet. It is a "SET special edition" but the carpet color is not one of the changes Toyota made. The only changes to the interior were to the front seat head rest with the XSP stitched in it and the burlwood accents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts