Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some of your coolest mods or additions are for the Sequoia. Bull bars, premium batteries, LED lighting, etc.....

I added steering wheel controls and some aftermarket backup lights to help see when reversing. Also just used Mother's Clay Bar kit. Trucks paint is like new again. Highly recommend the kit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
for me it would have to be the back-up camera integrated into the OEM Nav system. It makes it easier when backing up. Great mod!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
ARB locker... hands down best mod ever for traction. I have a 2wd and can go pretty much anywhere a stock 4wd can go.

Plus it is awesome to be able to smoke both rear tires instead of just one.

Tommy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not really a "performance" mod, but one I use every day.
I pulled the stereo head and added a unit that allows a line in mini plug that I routed to an unused button blank (next to the levelling switch). Now I can plug my MP3 player directly into the JBL stereo system cleanly... sounds great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
33s, toytec lift, TC ucas, custom ladder, rack, lighting, where's all the 1st Gen love? Come on guys, can come up with more than this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering what some of your coolest mods or additions are for the Sequoia. Bull bars, premium batteries, LED lighting, etc.....

I added steering wheel controls and some aftermarket backup lights to help see when reversing. Also just used Mother's Clay Bar kit. Trucks paint is like new again. Highly recommend the kit.
HID headlights. The kind with a separate transformer or whatever HID's require. LED's seem to get really hot with the only heat sinks right there where the heat is generated. That has to affect their life expectancy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Back-up camera/Nav/Bluetooth head unit replacing the old 6-disk CD changer. Now, instead of feeling like a 18 year old car, it feels like a five year old car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A 145* back up camera as well (under the rear spoiler). I didn't want it on my after market head unit with a reverse only view, so I mounted a 4.3" monitor on the dash next to my phone mount for an 'always on' view.
Other favorites: H4 LED headlight conversion projector bulbs (with new smoke housings), flashing strobe rear brake light LED bulbs, Pedal Commander for instant throttle and no sluggish tank feel, all LED bulbs inside/out, Bilstein/OME lift + Falken Wildpeak 275 AT3W's, etc...

·
Registered
21 Posts
A 145* back up camera as well (under the rear spoiler). I didn't want it on my after market head unit with a reverse only view, so I mounted a 4.3" monitor on the dash next to my phone mount for an 'always on' view.
Other favorites: H4 LED headlight conversion projector bulbs (with new smoke housings), flashing strobe rear brake light LED bulbs, Pedal Commander for instant throttle and no sluggish tank feel, all LED bulbs inside/out, Bilstein/OME lift + Falken Wildpeak 275 AT3W's, etc...
Was the pedal commander worth it?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Borla catback exhaust with the dual rear side tailpipes coming out behind the mudflap. I will always remember the moment I turned on the car after installing the exhaust and hearing that beautiful low growl v8 rumble, I had the biggest grin on my face.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you unplug the level sensor in the side of the master cylinder it shuts off traction control and stability control so I cut the lower wire being it was the power wire and ran it through a switch in the cab. No you can turn them off driving down the road. To turn them back on you need to shut car off and restart it after flipping switch back. Great if you need some tire spin in the mud or are looking to fishtail in the snow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I gu
If you unplug the level sensor in the side of the master cylinder it shuts off traction control and stability control so I cut the lower wire being it was the power wire and ran it through a switch in the cab. No you can turn them off driving down the road. To turn them back on you need to shut car off and restart it after flipping switch back. Great if you need some tire spin in the mud or are looking to fishtail in the snow.
ess I should have mentioned it’s a 06 sequoia limited that I did this mod to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts