Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the threads I've read here it seems the 3 5/8 BS is the recommended way to go however that really limits your wheel selection.
I'm looking at some 17x9 wheels with a 4.5" BS, will I need the wheel adapters also? 1.5"?

Part two, some people have said 3 5/8 BS rub the fenders, looking for any comments on that

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
According to the threads I've read here it seems the 3 5/8 BS is the recommended way to go however that really limits your wheel selection.
I'm looking at some 17x9 wheels with a 4.5" BS, will I need the wheel adapters also? 1.5"?
You will need the 1.5" adapters. I recommend WheelAdapter.com.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need the 1.5" adapters. I recommend WheelAdapter.com.
Thanks! I put a call in to Fred on Fri and he called back within minutes. Turns out his shop is just a few miles away from my house.

With a 9" wheel do you think adapters will push the wheels out too far?:rolleyes:

You use them with Forerunner rims I think which are only 7-7.5" right? Not sure if a DC has a deeper wheel well or not?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Thanks! I put a call in to Fred on Fri and he called back within minutes. Turns out his shop is just a few miles away from my house.

With a 9" wheel do you think adapters will push the wheels out too far?:rolleyes:

You use them with Forerunner rims I think which are only 7-7.5" right? Not sure if a DC has a deeper wheel well or not?

Thanks!!
My problem wasn't with the wheel well depth; it was with the UCA. Without the adapters, the tires contacted the UCA even at a standstill.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think 4.5 backspacing is fine but it depends on how wide the tires are whether or not the tire touchs the upper control arm.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think 4.5 backspacing is fine but it depends on how wide the tires are whether or not the tire touchs the upper control arm.
You are correct.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My problem wasn't with the wheel well depth; it was with the UCA. Without the adapters, the tires contacted the UCA even at a standstill.
What do you think about the overall depth though? If you have 7.5" wheels w/1.5" adapters you're inside the fender well 1.5" more that I would be with a 9" wheel + 1.5" adapters.
Is there an extra 1.5" to play with there? I don't want the tire sticking out past the fenders.
ANyone using 9" wheels with the 1.5" adpaters?

Thanks !

·
Registered
469 Posts
What size tire are you planing on getting? How wide? Tire size will also determine whether or not your tires will stick out past the fender.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts