Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, joined a few days ago, I've been searching for a few days now and I have only seen a few slate DC with aftermarket wheels and tires. If you have a slate DC with aftermarket wheels and tire please post pics. I would really like to see one with black rims.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Not a DC, but I have a CM BEAST! Here are a few pics (2 of them before the fogs, antenna, and exhaust); see my images albums for more. If I had to do it over again though, I would lean towards black wheels.......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Here are some photoshop pics of mine and other members' slates as well!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
1) The bolt pattern for the new Tundras (07-08) is 5x150mm (or sometimes referred to as "5 on 150").

The stock offset is 60mm. The stock offset moves the wheel further inward inside the wheel well.

most of the aftermarket wheels available feature a 30mm offset (roughly 1 inch) as opposed to the 60mm offset featured on the OEM wheels. This means that the wheel center will be 1" further out of the well. So, the same size tires would creep further to the outside of the wells. This gives the setup a more aggressive look. It also slightly alters the handling characteristics (now your truck is 2" wider from wheel to wheel) and helps to accomodate slightly wider tires.

Most of the wheel manufacturers haven't caught up with the new wheel spec's for the 07-08 Tundras, so you'll probably have to shop like crazy to find just the wheel you want.

A couple of manufacturers that I have found that DO have the new patterns are:

Moto Metal
Granite Alloy
Gear Alloy
Mickey Thompson
Dick Cepek

Your best bet is to do a search featuring "5x150" and "wheel" or "wheels" together.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
1) The bolt pattern for the new Tundras (07-08) is 5x150mm (or sometimes referred to as "5 on 150").

The stock offset is 60mm. The stock offset moves the wheel further inward inside the wheel well.

most of the aftermarket wheels available feature a 30mm offset (roughly 1 inch) as opposed to the 60mm offset featured on the OEM wheels. This means that the wheel center will be 1" further out of the well. So, the same size tires would creep further to the outside of the wells. This gives the setup a more aggressive look. It also slightly alters the handling characteristics (now your truck is 2" wider from wheel to wheel) and helps to accomodate slightly wider tires.

Most of the wheel manufacturers haven't caught up with the new wheel spec's for the 07-08 Tundras, so you'll probably have to shop like crazy to find just the wheel you want.

A couple of manufacturers that I have found that DO have the new patterns are:

Moto Metal
Granite Alloy
Gear Alloy
Mickey Thompson
Dick Cepek

Your best bet is to do a search featuring "5x150" and "wheel" or "wheels" together.
Add KMCs and Ultras to this list! I guess it depends on if he is looking for Off-Road or Street look.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Eagle Alloys also has wheels for the tundra. Mine are BOSS wheels made by eagle alloy. They fit perfectly. Pics are in my photo album if you want to theck them out. One thing to remember is you will most likely need new lug nuts because most after market wheels wont use the shank style nuts toyota gives us. Mine are 22X9 with a +35 mm offset which pushes the wheels out slightly but not much. Another tip. I have the polished lip (raw aluminum) with black powder coat center. I never applied sealant to the raw polished areas nor did I try to get it chromed so now I have to manually polish the lips back to the mirror like finish once every couple of months. PITA 4-6 hrs for shiney lips. My wheels are nice but the polishing IS a pain.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Just bought some wheels from Elite Wheels in Ohio, their site is very user friendly and features quite a few wheels for our Tundra. Also Tire Rack has a few and you can see how they look on your truck. Both ship to Canada where I'm located as well for those north of the border looking for wheels.

Elites-Wholesale Vehicle Search

Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels
I bought mine at RIMZONEONLINE.COM at a great price! They have a decent selection for our BEASTS!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the info. I think I found the wheel I want, I just have to find out the Brand. Its pictured in SST's leveling kit for a tundra. I already knew I wanted BFG's, I think I'm going go with 275 70 18 and after reading some of your posts I'm not gonna mess with the leveling kit. I don't think it rub to bad. Been there done that with a lift kit, sky jacker on a 99 Dodge v10 with 35 bfg's, to many headaches and $ to make right and sky jacker had horrible customer service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Witness that looks wicked, I love it, man now Im back to square one, what kind of flares do you have and what size and kind of lift???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok my bad, I was mesmerized by your pics I didnt read your list of accessories.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts