Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago, I installed a diff drop kit to reduce CV axle angle since I have a Rancho Quicklift. A couple weeks later, my driver side front wheel bearing goes bad, as diagnosed by two shops. The wheel bearings are only 6 months old with approximately 8,000 miles on them. I haven’t been off road with them since they’ve been replaced. Anyone else have similar issues?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yeah what brand? Cheap bearings don’t last. Bearings are usually rebranded, so you may need to pull it apart and look at the bearing races themselves to get an actual bearing brand. For example, a hub assembly will come with the bearings in it already, but the hub assembly manufacturer didn’t make the bearings, they just use bearings from another manufacturer. A lot of manufacturers just use cheap chinese bearings in their parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's genuine Toyota brand according to the local Toyota dealership. It was installed by them as well. They also refused to honor their warranty because my "differential drop kit spacers were an aftermarket part that charged the angle of the CV axles." I explained to them that it reduces the stress on the CV axles and that I had a 3" lift on my truck for 60k miles without issue. Of course I was explaining it to service department members whom made the decisions, not the mechanics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts