Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
8k miles and 8 months of owning a brand new SR5 5.7 DC Tundra and getting an allignment they notice my front left wheel bearing is very loose and most likely needs to be replaced. This seems a lil early to be replacing wheel bearings. I do have a procomp stage 1 6" lift kit on it with 18" wheels and 35" BFG AT's. Would the lift kit have anything to do with it? I have taken it offroading, but not much, nothing hard core. Toyota says either it is because I was offroading really hard with it or just a bad wheel bearing. What do you guys think? Warranty should be covering it....but still worries me. thought these trucks were tough, this is brand new basically. :confused:

thanks for your input.

Craig

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I had a left rear wheel bearing fail in my 2010 DC 5.7 at 25K. It got progressively noisier since about 22K or so. I had to literally force the tech to lift the truck and listen to it. They tried to tell me there was nothing wrong with my truck.
Wide tires and wheel offset plays a large role in bearing load. If you have issues with the dealer covering it because of your tire/wheel choice, you may have to put some stockers on it short term in order to get it covered.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys. Toyota is going to cover the part, a 600.00 part. Tech at the dealer said he has seen toyota not cover this when truck had only 5k miles on it, mine has 9. Toyota's stand is this only happens under extreme offroading, and thus doesnt like to cover it. I have not done extreme offroading, but do have wide offroad 35" tires. Kinda a grey area. Toyota covers everything bumper to bumper for 36k miles, and 4wheel parts covers all lift parts for 36k miles, but wheel bearing isnt a part of the lift, but perhaps damaged due to high stress lift puts on the truck. I think one of the two parties should cover it, but sounds like more often than not the consumer does. Some bul**** foresure and something to think about before you lift your truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts