Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With spirited launches (*or even a 35 mph roll on) I am getting a good amount of wheel hop, especially on dry pavement.

S/C DC

I have just changed from OEM rubber to the Toyo Proxes (.75" lower and .75" wider then OEM).
Hopefully I will get better traction from these.

The wheel hop is very pronounced. You can hear the tires literally going "chirp, chirp, chirp" and what feels like the back of the bed is bouncing.

I have read a few post where people talked about traction bars but never gave any real feedback regarding to how they performed.

Also would performance shocks have any benefit to the hop?

THanks for any comments.

~JH

·
Registered
753 Posts
Subscribed. Even with 12" wide rubber I still get it

-Tim

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Socaliallstar is working on a set of bars like the Caltracs. I use the Lakewood slapper bars. I still get tire spin, but zero wheel hop with them. I do get better traction, but Socaliallstar said he didn't notice a difference other than stiffer ride.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I get hop VERY badly. I haven't pursued anything yet, but once my suspension is done and installed, This will be the next step.

I would love to do the 4 link, but that's not in the budget ..

·
Registered
945 Posts
With spirited launches (*or even a 35 mph roll on) I am getting a good amount of wheel hop, especially on dry pavement.

S/C DC

I have just changed from OEM rubber to the Toyo Proxes (.75" lower and .75" wider then OEM).
Hopefully I will get better traction from these.

The wheel hop is very pronounced. You can hear the tires literally going "chirp, chirp, chirp" and what feels like the back of the bed is bouncing.

I have read a few post where people talked about traction bars but never gave any real feedback regarding to how they performed.

Also would performance shocks have any benefit to the hop?

THanks for any comments.

~JH
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/193425-caltrac-traction-bars-available-gen2-tundra/
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts