Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm looking for some new wheels and I was wondering if someone could explain the offset to me. Does it accomplish the same thing as wheel spacers?

If I understand it correctly - a positive offset sits further inside the fender well and a negative offset sits further out???

Also, what are ya'll's opinions on offset???

Any input would help, I'm having a hard time making a decision!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd like to know as well. Specifically, what wheel offset and tire width will bring my tires to about even with my OEM fender flares? I've got the stock TRD wheels/tires on now, and I don't like the look. I don't want the tires past the flares, as I already get enough mud splashing up as it is, even with the mud guards on. I may also do the Bilstein 5100's up front.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't go wrong with Bilsteins IMO.

I'm wondering the same thing with the offset though, I want to get bushwacker pocket flares but it looks dumb if the tires aren't flush.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, then I was correct in thinking that a wheel with a negative offset makes the tire stick out more?

I've seen the link before, I literally need someone to dumb-it-down for me because I want to be sure I understand before I start spending $$$.

·
Registered
814 Posts
So, then I was correct in thinking that a wheel with a negative offset makes the tire stick out more?

I've seen the link before, I literally need someone to dumb-it-down for me because I want to be sure I understand before I start spending $$$.

First you need to know how wide the flares are to make the wheels flush.

Now here's something to maybe help you understand offset also note the wheel's face has alot to do with brake clearance. So you need to find a wheel you like then see what offset you can get it in.

See the difference in the wheel faces in this photo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I think I get it now!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks guys, that info should be all I need.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The 6047 Procomp is a +32MM offset this brings the wheel and tire out just about even on my 07 w/ factory fender flares !
Thanks man. Is the tire width stock TRD (275/65)? Any pics?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts