Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I do a 3 inch lift on a 2010 Crewmax 4x4. And want to run 305/55-20's on the factory 20's will I need a wheel spacer? I see online they make 1", 1.25", 1.5" and 2" spacers. Which is needed and which is safest?

Thanks.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Do the 1" only in the front, As the truck goes up the front wheels are pulled in about 1" on each side compared to the rear, So0 if you want to have the front and rear track together all that is required is the 1" wheel spacer with a 3" lift. Just make sure they are steel, Steel will expand and contract evenly with the heat of the rotors, Once they are installed you can't see or get to the lug nut that hold them on so you can't retighten them if a spacer lug nut comes loss. The Aluminum type expand faster and more then steel and I have seen them expand just enough that when they cool the lug nuts holding them become loss and you wont know it until you lose a wheel. It like back when they first started using alum. heads on steel engine blocks After awhile of the 2 different metals getting hot and cool the head would come lose and blow the head gasket.
The only problem you may run into is the stock studs on most Toyotas are 1 1/6" long
so when you install a 1" spacer the 1/6" sticks out past the spacer and will not allow the front wheel to mount flush to the spacer, What I do is hold the spacer against the hub and run straight edge of a pocket scale across the spacer where the stock stud stick through, If you can feel the stud sticking out past the spacer you'll need to grind a little off each one, When I do the grinding I get the spacer out of the way and put the open end type lug nut back on the studs so after grinding the thread will straighten back out as you remove the lug nut. I don't know for sure but I think www.extremetrucktoys.com
either has them in stock or can make them in a day for you. I think the last time bought a set of 2 it cost me 150.00 If you don't see them on the site he has a ph# posted you can call,

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I believe this kit lowers the suspension down to keep the factory width. So Still the 1" spacers? When I asked Rough Country they said I wouldn't. Then I asked the manufacturer of the spacers and they said I would...

Very confusing....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just an FYI as I'm searching the forums for answers myself. I did do a Low Range 3/1 kit and Camburg UCA's and lost about an inch with the lift.
I was looking for alignment specs, particularly the caster and where it is preferred by those with a similar setup.
Thanks
Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts