Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm fairly new to the whole posting and asking advice, so here goes. My question is my truck is fairly stock and I would like to upgrade my wheels and tires. I was wondering what are good combinations, and experiences people have had. Some things was wondering about was bigger tires and rims, like 20's for rims. The only thing is I don't really want to compromise is the ride of my truck, because I will catch hell from the WIFE. So if you have any good combinations that would be great if you could send them by. Thanks beforehand for everybody that posts to this thread. :ts:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello all I'm fairly new to the whole posting and asking advice, so here goes. My question is my truck is fairly stock and I would like to upgrade my wheels and tires. I was wondering what are good combinations, and experiences people have had. Some things was wondering about was bigger tires and rims, like 20's for rims. The only thing is I don't really want to compromise is the ride of my truck, because I will catch hell from the WIFE. So if you have any good combinations that would be great if you could send them by. Thanks beforehand for everybody that posts to this thread. :ts:
20's don't make the ride that bad and look perfect on full size Tundra's, even better on the DC's. If you have an AC, then 18's will look real nice too.

Try the Enkei line of wheels, they have some nice designs, the deep six is my favorite and is what I currently have on mine...run a 295 45.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I agree with SportsRallyFiveSpeed, try the Enkei line of wheels and run with Toyo Proxes ST 295/45/20. Awesome look, great ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does anyone know a good place to get those wheels and tires? How much would a set cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
this is a little bit of a post dig, but i'm riding with a set of Helo Thump 20s and Hankook 275/40 tires. the ride was a little rougher than stock...you can feel pretty much every little bump and dip in the road.....then the ride was a bit more sketchy after i installed my lowering kit, but o well...that's to be expected. i'm fixing to get new tires and i dunno if i want to try a different size tire. what's the difference between 275, 295, and 305s? anyone have pictures? i know there's already a picture of a DC in this thread running 295s. is it the higher up the numbers go, the lower the profile of the tire?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The larger the first number, the wider the tire, in millimeters. The middle number represents the percentage of sidewall height to tire width. So, yes, the smaller the middle number, the narrower the sidewall will be. My truck runs 265/70/16's...so, the tire is 265mm wide, and the sidewall is 70% of that high, on 16" wheels.

Here's a formula for figuring out the width and diameter of metric sized tires, using my size as an example...

1 inch equals 25.4 millimeters, so 265 divided by 25.4 equals 10.43" tire width. This is NOT tread width.

70% of 10.43" equals 7.3" (sidewall height).

Multiply 7.3" by 2, since there are 2 sidewalls (top and bottom of wheel). In my instance, this equals 14.6"

Add diameter of the wheel (16"). Tire diameter of a 265/70/16 tire is 30.6"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Heres some pics of my truck. Im not sure of the manufacturer of the wheels are, the dealership i bought the truck at put them on. The are 20's.

Click

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes im also looking into the enkei 6 spoke deep dish wheels. My question is does anyone know where to buy them for a fair price?

·
Registered
25 Posts
exactly!!!!! ^

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, you could always take a look at my 20" Enkei TSP1 chrome wheels in the classifieds.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The larger the first number, the wider the tire, in millimeters. The middle number represents the percentage of sidewall height to tire width. So, yes, the smaller the middle number, the narrower the sidewall will be. My truck runs 265/70/16's...so, the tire is 265mm wide, and the sidewall is 70% of that high, on 16" wheels.

Here's a formula for figuring out the width and diameter of metric sized tires, using my size as an example...

1 inch equals 25.4 millimeters, so 265 divided by 25.4 equals 10.43" tire width. This is NOT tread width.

70% of 10.43" equals 7.3" (sidewall height).

Multiply 7.3" by 2, since there are 2 sidewalls (top and bottom of wheel). In my instance, this equals 14.6"

Add diameter of the wheel (16"). Tire diameter of a 265/70/16 tire is 30.6"
I made a spreadsheet using these same numbers and also added a column to recalculate final drive ratio based on the difference in tire diameter. This way you can compare a whole bunch of tires at once. Just something to do on a boring night but still interesting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts