Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put snow tires on my stock rims last winter, so this spring I needed to do something for summer. I bought a set of 20" wheels and tires (Yokohama Parada's, 285-50-20). I had some vibration problems, the steering wheel would just move back and forth over 55mph, so they tried balancing them a couple different ways, then they road forced them, and I still had some vibration. So, we decided to try to upgrade the tire quality and went with the same size in a Michelin Latitude Tour HP. The truck road better, and the tires were much quieter, but the little movement in the steering wheel was still there. At this point, I put my winter tires on the front and took it for a spin, no vibration.

Yesterday, they decided we should try some different rims. They road forced them, I took it home and it was still vibrating. I went to put the winter tires on again, but before I did I noticed that the new tires were turning quiet hard when I had the truck jacked up. It turns out the new rims must not have had the correct offset because the tires were rubbing on the suspension and put a good groove in the back of my new tires!

The good news is the tire dealer took the whole mess back and is going to refund my money. The bad news is I have no summer rims and don't want to drive on my snow tires! I was thinking of trying to find some '03 Limited rims, but looking on e-bay and used parts sites, they are quite spendy. I'm very frustrated right now and not sure where to go. Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone has any thoughts...

Thanks for reading!

Mike :confused:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Is your Sequoia 4WD? If so, I think my all time favorite wheel for the body is the TRD Ivan Stewart wheel. It's made by Niche' and is a fairly simple design with a 5 spoke look. Only bad thing is that they weren't very durable, and had clear coat problems from what I've seen. So, my other favorite is the Helo Max6. There are also some really nice wheels if you like bling...and come in a black chrome made by a few companies. If you plan to run a big rim, you also need to invest in upgrading the brakes. The rolling mass is greatly increased. Good luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts