Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be posting a "...do you think this is a good deal..." thread, but it would be nice to have some feedback since the seller doesn't know what type (brand) of wheel this is. The Wrangler MTR's only have about 5k miles left on them, and he claims one of them doesn't hold air and it might not be good. I checked the sidewalls on that one and couldn't find anything too outstanding, but a trip to the tire shop would be the only way to really find out if it's bad or good. Anyway, he's asking $650.

Let me know what you guys think. Since I don't what brand they are I really don't know where to start on an offer.

Thanks!:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
1. i HATE those tires! Had them on a ranger and they blew chunks. Loud, rough, and crappy wear.
2. wheels look like pro-comps. maybe a knock-off? any dings, scratches, or the like? is the one not holding air bent?

with the above in mind and if the wheels (whatever brand/model they are) were immaculate and list for $175 or more each, i personally would pass. $500 maybe and only if i needed tires now or within the next 3 months.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No scratches or dings, not bent. The seller claims the tire simply went flat and that prompted him to change his whole setup (sick Tacoma, he has too much money). I definitely don't need new tires, and they are not the selling point (at least for me). I tried telling him they will hurt his sale because all anybody will do is go straight to the tire shop and have them removed. He disagreed. Anyway, I browsed procomp's website, couldn't find anything that exactly matched them. Hmmm. I just got to find what they retail for, them minus the cost of tire removal, and I will have my offer. The wheels are pretty sharp and I think they will set my 03 off. Anybody else seen/know what these wheels are?

·
Registered
435 Posts
3 usable tires with minimal life left. I'd pass.

I've seen 4 35" MTRs with 50% tread on craigslist for $500. No leaks, no wheels. Even that isn't too tempting to me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3 usable tires with minimal life left. I'd pass.

I've seen 4 35" MTRs with 50% tread on craigslist for $500. No leaks, no wheels. Even that isn't too tempting to me.

Yes, but the wheels are what I'm interested in...

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think that's too much money for used wheels, since the tires are trash.

i got my black wheels for only $50 more, new. I wouldn't spend more than $300 on them if I were you. Personaly, I wouldn't spend $1, since I don't want a polished wheel. =)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marauder,

Those Konigs you have are the sickest wheels here. Really wish I had the dough to go get em. I'd get the bronze set up =) I think I'll offer him $300 for just the rims, we'll see.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
If you really want a deal on wheels go to sears.com and see their 76% off clearance wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts