Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you all fill up, how many MTE does your screen say?

As a general rule the handle will "stop" pumping gas at around 22-23 gallons, i can stand there and continue to squeeze the handle and pump a bit more in but it continues to stop each time. My MTE generally reads in the ballpark of 285, i've seen as much as about 300 once or twice.

Just curious to see if mine is stopping early when filling up.

Thanks,

Jonathan

·
Registered
113 Posts
mine says 323

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think mine has read similar numbers 280-300+ but I don't usually get that.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
The mileage your truck shows is calculated using your MPG displayed.
If you reset the MPG, the computer will start out with a higher MPG and calc a further MTE distance for a full tank.
The computer uses the fuel guage for the amount of fuel left and calc the distance using your "average" MPG.
When the fuel guage is at the empty mark, your MTE is shown as "0" even though you have about 3 gals left.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very helpful Andy, thank you for the post. I need to figure out how to reset my MPG Calculator, have not done it since i purchased my truck in December. If wants to save me the research time i'd appreciate it.

Thanks again for the posts!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
This is from 2004 manual.
"Average fuel consumption is calculated and displayed based on the total driving distance and total fuel consumption with the engine running.
To reset the calculations, return the mode to "AVG" and push and hold the "MODE" and "E/M" button simultaneously for 2 seconds."

"Distance to Empty (DTE) The distance the vehicle can travel with the remaining fuel is calculated and displayed based on the quantity of remaining fuel and pst fuel consumption.
The display value is updated every 1 second.
Every time you refuel the vehicle, the calculation is reset.
The actual driving range varies with driving habits and road conditions. If fuel consumption is good, the driving range will be longer. If fuel consumption is poor, the driving range will be shorter."

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
When you all fill up, how many MTE does your screen say?

As a general rule the handle will "stop" pumping gas at around 22-23 gallons,
My 01 has DTE. What year did it change to MTE?

01 has a 26.1 gallon tank so if your pumping 22-23 when your gauge read about empty sounds like your getting a ~26 gallon tank to full.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent, Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts