Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a weekend trip driving from Oklahoma City to Dallas, TX (and back) on I-35. Over 400 miles of driving right down the middle of truck country where a high percentage of vehicles are trucks.

How many 2007's did I see? Zero "in the wild." I did see three on transports heading north, and a bunch at a dealership north of Plano, TX but none on the road.

I know the 2007's have only been available for a few months, but I was shocked that I didn't see any...not even in parking lots.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I don't really care that I didn't see any. I believe in quality over quantity, and I'll be getting my CrewMax sometime this summer...I was just shocked that I didn't see any.

Are you seeing quite a few "in the wild?"

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jacksonville, Florida, to Fort Lauderdale, this afternoon on I-95, three of them all northbound. All 6' bed, one regular cab, two DC.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe they will continue north on I-95 and then head west on I-40 straight to Oklahoma :tu:! I've made that drive quite a few times. I'll be in Tampa in four weeks...but flying this time.

Just looked at a map...it was I-75 I would take north in Florida...to I-10 west and then diagonal up to I-40 west. I-95 would be a horrible route to I-40 if you're heading to Oklahoma :eek:.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I saw one on the GS parkway on sat in a 100 miles round trip. Slate DC. Not many around, which is nice.
One DC, silver besdies my silver crewmax in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I drive almost 100 miles per day in a small town checking on jobs. So I'm sure everybody has seen mine. There is also another CrewMax I see parked at one of the restraunts downtown every morning here in Sebring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heck, I wouldn't mind being the only one in the world that has one..well not really, since there wouldn't be much aftermarket add-on demand. I remember being one of the first people in Oklahoma to have a 2000 Tundra and it was pretty cool not seeing many on the road. People would really look it over since they hadn't seen one before.

My wife drove it a little bit and once said, "I thought guys were checking me out...then I realized it was the truck they were looking at." :D:D:D

Of course, being the tremendous husband I am, I said, "they were probably checking out both." I got some points for that one :tu:.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
The night that I picked up my Tundra, I noticed someone down the street also got one the same day! He had a 1st gen. TRD Tundra before. His new one is the Limited version in Slate. It's just funny that it was the same day.

I have also seen a few on the road. A DC Tundra passed me on the 401 and about 5 minutes later, I noticed a white work Tundra going the other direction.

But they are still far and few between around here at this point.

I've also noticed a lot of people slowing down and looking at my truck. Even in parking lots, people go up for a close look. :tu:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am in Norman, Ok and mine is either in the garage or in the woods. I have seen 4 or 5 others around town here. I think there would be many more but it is painfull trying to get just the right truck. I do like the way the domestics let you order you truck piece by piece, but I do love this Toyota.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in Norman, Ok and mine is either in the garage or in the woods. I have seen 4 or 5 others around town here. I think there would be many more but it is painfull trying to get just the right truck. I do like the way the domestics let you order you truck piece by piece, but I do love this Toyota.
Glad to hear there are some other smart Oklahoman's around buying Tundras :D. My 2000 Tundra was a great truck...only sold it because my son grew (quickly) to 6'1" and didn't fit in the back seat of the access cab very well.

I'll be getting a Crewmax, hopefully this summer sometime.

So, how do you like yours? I suppose you got yours from Fowler? If so, how were they to work with? I would like to be able to talk to some owners around here as they are obviously a higher-form on intelligence than other people :eek:.

BTW, I bought my first Tundra from Northcutt Toyota in Enid and they were great...I will probably buy my 2007 from them when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I am out here in NC and i have only seen a handful on the road. All we Dc's except for one Limited white crewmax on I-40 but it had a South Carolina plate on it. I just washed mine today for the 1st time and man did i get some looks at the car wash. Some guy with like an 04 Z06 came over and looked it over for about 10 min while i was washing it and said that it was "one pretty truck" ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was filling up my CrewMax the other day at Sam's Club. I see this older man pulling up in another CrewMax. Once he started pumping his gas I caught his attention and told him nice truck.

He started on and on about how great of truck it was and then he finally noticed I was standing in front of my truck. He couldn't believe that there was another CrewMax there that close filling up next to him and he did not see it. :eek:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just got back from a weekend trip driving from Oklahoma City to Dallas, TX (and back) on I-35. Over 400 miles of driving right down the middle of truck country where a high percentage of vehicles are trucks.

How many 2007's did I see? Zero "in the wild." I did see three on transports heading north, and a bunch at a dealership north of Plano, TX but none on the road.
Next time tell me your around 1-35 and I will drive it up and back down it from Waco and San Antonio. :D :tu: :cool:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've seen 3 double cabs around these parts. One white, one black, and one maroon. I always wave at em but there is usually an old fart driving and he doesn't even notice me....he'll notice next time I smoke his old ace:devil:
(no offense to any old farts on this forum)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I drive 265 miles, 4 days a week from the twin cities, through Rochester, MN and finally down to the Iowa border and I have only seen two DC's since I got my Crewmax on 3/28, and, the two I did see, I was giving the thumbs up :tu: but both drivers did not even turn to look.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yesterday I drove from Menomonie Wi. to the Twin cities and seen 2 and maybe others but not paying attention. I am seeing them more and more these days. I one day saw 3 in a 4 hour span.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Have not seem many in Marble Falls but I always see several or more when I go to Austin.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Next time tell me your around 1-35 and I will drive it up and back down it from Waco and San Antonio. :D :tu: :cool:
Too funny. That's quite a drive from San Antonio to Dallas. Texas is one big state, that's for sure. I drove from OKC to Brownsville to play golf with my son one Christmas, so I've driven the entire length of Texas (north to south) several times. That takes a while :D. I haven't driven east to west. Just about as far I think!

I was really hoping to see someone in a 2007 at a gas station, parking lot, or somewhere else where we could talk. And where he could show me around the truck and show me the good/bad. I've been to a dealership, but I seemed to know more about them than they did. I have test-drove a DC and CrewMax, but don't push demo's hard like some people. But, it was obvious that there was plenty of power under the hood.:tu:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Saw my first one "in the wild" on the road today, Nautical Blue Crewmax.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts