Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Where can I purchase a front chrome bumper for my 2006 4X4 Tundra? My Tundra is "Salsa Red Pearl" in color, but unfortunately, the bumper is the same color. So, where is a good place to purchase one? Thanks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Try the classifieds forum.
You may find someone willing to do a trade.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
:) Where can I purchase a front chrome bumper for my 2006 4X4 Tundra? My Tundra is "Salsa Red Pearl" in color, but unfortunately, the bumper is the same color. So, where is a good place to purchase one? Thanks.
PerformanceProducts4Trucks.com. They are a TS advertiser.

Roadmax Replacement Bumpers

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I don't think there is a front chrome bumper for 06 Tundra's, the SR5's have a chrome strip, is this what you are talking about?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Dibble: Hi. No, what I don't like about the front bumper that is on the truck now is that it is "color-keyed" so, it matches the rest of the truck. I've never been a fan of that. What I am wanting is something very similar to the rear bumper as far as the chrome goes.

I checked out PerformanceProducts4Trucks.com just now, but they had nothing available for a 2006 Tundra:cry:. I was really hoping there was a chrome front bumper I could get that was similar to the earlier year Tundras.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The (rare) regular cab Work model comes with a chrome front bumper. The question then is whether that bumper would fit your truck. My gut feeling is that it would, but there could be some risk involved. Find a good parts counter guy at your dealership parts counter?

The Work is so rare that finding a used one or a swap would be tough. You might have to go with a parts counter bumper and try to sell yours...

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The (rare) regular cab Work model comes with a chrome front bumper. The question then is whether that bumper would fit your truck. My gut feeling is that it would, but there could be some risk involved. Find a good parts counter guy at your dealership parts counter?

The Work is so rare that finding a used one or a swap would be tough. You might have to go with a parts counter bumper and try to sell yours...

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for. Assuming the picture you uploaded is a 2006, I don't see why it would not work. It's hard to believe it would NOT work, but, of course, I will double check with Toyota before I try to purchase one. Thanks for the pic. If I don't find a chrome bumper, it won't be the end of the world, haha, but I really like the looks of them. Thank you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, Dibble. Yeah, they have the chrome strips on the front. Forgot to answer your question about the shell, but as far as I know, I will just keep the shell in my garage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for. Assuming the picture you uploaded is a 2006, I don't see why it would not work. It's hard to believe it would NOT work, but, of course, I will double check with Toyota before I try to purchase one. Thanks for the pic. If I don't find a chrome bumper, it won't be the end of the world, haha, but I really like the looks of them. Thank you.
One other wrinkle: If you currently have fog lights (and want to keep 'em), I think the fog lights for the Work are different (rectangular instead of round.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you have a DC?? It should fit the AC or single cab. I posted this same question for my 2005 DC. I ask the body guy at the local dealership and he was going to "research" it for me. I have not heard from him yet. I got print outs of the parts diagrams for both configurations. The chrome bumper has different brackets and other things than the color keyed bumper. You would have to get everything from the chassis out. Also, the wheel well moulding does not attach to the chrome like the color keyed bumper. And, as far as the DC goes, its said to be wider than the single or access cabs. I priced parts online and on ebay and it was going to cost a small fortune for the parts and I still wouldn't know if it was going to fit or not. Theres one co that finally built an aftermarket bumper for the Tundra, but it cost over a grand and its a very heavy winch bumper. I was going to call and ask if they would modify it to look a little more conservitive, but then I was still going to have to chrome it. I need to find one in the scrap yard and check it with a tape measure, but I haven't found one yet. Please let us know if you find out if it works.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, MJoiner. I have the Access Cab. $1000 for a bumper? For that price, it better have a used car attached to it, haha! If aftermarket bumpers are that expensive, i'll just forget about finding one. Someone earlier asked how much I am willing to spend...well, I was hoping well under $500, but it's kind of hard to guess.

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
It looks like they're out there. FWIW, Cars.com had a green 01 AC with one, and here's a picture of what might be an 01, AC with chrome bumper and classy matching chrome mirrors. It looks the same as the later model Work bumper, IMHO.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi, MJoiner. I have the Access Cab. $1000 for a bumper? For that price, it better have a used car attached to it, haha! If aftermarket bumpers are that expensive, i'll just forget about finding one. Someone earlier asked how much I am willing to spend...well, I was hoping well under $500, but it's kind of hard to guess.
The Tundra chrome bumpers should fit your AC. There was a guy that posted about that on this site. I think he changed his chrome bumper for the plastic though. You still have to deal with the moulding and the fog lights and extra parts. Check ebay. The chrome bumper needs the black strips on the top and bottom as well and they don't come on it as I have seen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts