Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the hitch kit myself on our FJ Cruiser. Everything was well detailed in the instructions, and went without a problem. However, there were no instructions for the flasher, which came with a mounting screw. I looked under the hood, behind the panel on the driver and passenger kick panels, and can't figure out where this thing goes. The dealer said behind the kickplate, but I just don't see it.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Here is the installation instructions for the trailer wire harness.
Took me a while to find it.
Hope this helps.
The manual trans vehicle it goes behind the left kick panel and mounts near the top of clutch pedal bracket.
The AT goes in the left kick panel more towards the firewall on the body where the main harness goes thru.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the installation instructions for the trailer wire harness.
Took me a while to find it.
Hope this helps.
The manual trans vehicle it goes behind the left kick panel and mounts near the top of clutch pedal bracket.
The AT goes in the left kick panel more towards the firewall on the body where the main harness goes thru.
Awesome! Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the factory trailer light plug have a reverse light connection. My trailer requires this to deactivate the trailer brakes while backing the trailer. If not, any thoughts on how this could be done?

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Does the factory trailer light plug have a reverse light connection. My trailer requires this to deactivate the trailer brakes while backing the trailer. If not, any thoughts on how this could be done?
NO it does not have a reverse wire.
Your going to have to run a wire from your reverse lights to that plug and wire it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts