Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm hearing good things about the 'Spectra' radiators,type it up on the Web.My Son bought one for his Saturn from Amazon.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Can't tell you who but a word of advise on what to look for. The number of tubes is determined by the thickness or width of the
cooling fins between them. So measure yours and make sure the new one has not only the same thickness and amount of rows
front to back but from side to side also. Then look at the number of fins per inch. These two things determine how well the radiator
will cool given that you are comparing copper to copper or aluminum to aluminum. I have seen several motor homes that would
overheat with a new modine radiator. The company finally refunded the customers money as they didn't make a core that was up
to the task in those applications.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help everybody! I got my radiator in today. I got it from radiator.com which is also 1-800- radiator. They had an office in Escondido. It was $160 and is exactly like stock, only no rock/sand damage:afro:
The guys were real good to do business with and had it in Escondido from San Diego in less than an hour!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts