Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes people have a hard time hearing me. Was wondering if the plastic nub above the drivers door (where the passenger overhead handle is on the drivers side) is the mic....or is it located forward on the dash.

Just wondering.

~JH

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
In the ceiling console, midline above your head.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks brotha......

BTW, on that note anyone know what the plastic nub is over the drivers door?
I would say its for a handle but theres only one!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Sometimes people have a hard time hearing me. Was wondering if the plastic nub above the drivers door (where the passenger overhead handle is on the drivers side) is the mic....or is it located forward on the dash.

Just wondering.

~JH

Please speak up, we cannot hear you.

maybe your mic is flopping around up there

·
5,569 Posts
Hahaha well there have been at least 5 threads on the question "what is that little plastic cover above the driver's door?".

No one has yet provided a satisfactory answer. But the mic for the handsfree telephone is the little about 3/4" square grill above and in front of you on the overhead console by where your sunglasses go.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yes they have provided an aswer. its only a screw cover. pop it off and theres the screw that hlds that side up. other side has handle so it doesnt need one like that. but thts all it is, a screw cover. its in those other threads too :p

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hahaha well there have been at least 5 threads on the question "what is that little plastic cover above the driver's door?".

No one has yet provided a satisfactory answer.

Ah, the infamous, mysterious little tab on the drivers side. That little tab is nothing more than the locking clip that holds the headliner tight to the roof on the drivers side.

The passengers side of the roof has the grab handle with the same locking metal clip to hold the liner tight, the liner in the back seats have coat hangers with the clips holding it tight. They all are doing the same job, its just the drivers side that isnt multi-tasking.

·
5,569 Posts
Thanks for disassembling!

I guess with my ADD I never stuck with those threads long enough to get to the actual answer.

...............................................................................................................................................What's that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts