Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been posted before but i searched and couldn't find. Just a simple question of where is the location of the cabin air filter so i can check if it needs to be changed.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Man it's so easy a cave man can do it, course I managed to break somethan the pen, Empty your glove box, then disconect the hinge on the right side of the box(somethan I didn't do) then just jigle the box off, the filter is behind you'll see were the clips are to pull the hatch off, then just pull the filter out. Funny I changed mine today advance auto for like 13$'s.
Purolator#: c35667

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
There is a guy on this board who used a rewashable screen filter from a furnace, cut to match the stock Toyota screen and shove it into the dash.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hey..its in same spot the owners manual is in . :) (plus the book tells u where and how to change it hahahaha)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Here you go!

It is behind the glove box!

Disconnect this rod

Squeeze the sides of the glove box to drop it

Behind this door will be the filter.

Arrow on the filter should be pointing up!

Assemble in reverse order:D

Get this filter: FRAM CF10285 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter from Amazon $14.45:tu:
It is a little restrictive but the best of all I tried.
Toyota's filters are decent but around $20-25.
NAPA filter is junk, started to smell dusty after 2 month:sad3d:. There are a bunch of similar ones from Autozone and such, but they are all the same.:td:

The worst part is that the dealer wants $80 for such a complicated procedure:confused:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hey guys, what are the ramifications of not using a filter at all? I found that in the Arizona heat the A/C just does not blow hard enough. I took the filter out and it blows twice as hard. I have not used it since the summer. I only use the A/C in recirculating mode so it isn't taking in outside air, only inside air. I would think that if I do this it's not sucking in the dusty air from the outside, only my farty butt from the inside. I know it's probably better to use the filter but it takes so damn long for the A/C to cool me down. I know it's not just my truck because I checked the ones at the stealership and they did the same.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
If you find that guy's thread with the cut down furnace filter, he mentioned that his blew much harder also, and at least you would have some protection from dirt getting into the blower mechanism that way.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Mine has inhaled leaves !!!!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hey guys, what are the ramifications of not using a filter at all? I found that in the Arizona heat the A/C just does not blow hard enough. I took the filter out and it blows twice as hard.
Don't understand that at all. Mine gets too cold and I actually run it on low or up one click from low most of the time. Have you ever changed your filter?? I run mine mostly on Recirc also, and my filter is dirty after about 10k miles.

Info on filters here...check out the chart at the bottom of the page:
Cabin Air Filters | Toyota Owners Online

Low cost filters here:
TOYOTA TUNDRA Cabin Air Filter 2007 $6.67

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Yea I'd rather take a little longer to cool than sucking up the junk I found on my air filter going threw my condiser and fan, it was filthy, with leaves and all kina crude on it.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Hey guys, what are the ramifications of not using a filter at all? I found that in the Arizona heat the A/C just does not blow hard enough. I took the filter out and it blows twice as hard. I have not used it since the summer. I only use the A/C in recirculating mode so it isn't taking in outside air, only inside air. I would think that if I do this it's not sucking in the dusty air from the outside, only my farty butt from the inside. I know it's probably better to use the filter but it takes so damn long for the A/C to cool me down. I know it's not just my truck because I checked the ones at the stealership and they did the same.
cars/trucks have been around forever w/o pesky filters....i did take mine out once to look at and blow it out but it wasnt dirty...so i just put it back in. i dont park under any trees or anything so thres not much chance for alot of crap to get in there on mine....my AC cools just fine and blows just as hard w/it out as it does w/it in...sure u might suck a leaf in but if u chose to run w/o it just know how to clean it out like we did on the old cars/trucks when they sucked one in there. no biggie.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Don't understand that at all. Mine gets too cold and I actually run it on low or up one click from low most of the time. Have you ever changed your filter?? I run mine mostly on Recirc also, and my filter is dirty after about 10k miles.

Info on filters here...check out the chart at the bottom of the page:
Cabin Air Filters | Toyota Owners Online

Low cost filters here:
TOYOTA TUNDRA Cabin Air Filter 2007 $6.67
It does eventually get cold after about 20 min of driving. I just don't think the blower fan blows hard enough. I compare this to my other vehicle in my garage. The Tahoe blows wayyyyyyyyy harder than the Tundra. Even my 4 cyl Accord does better. I do have the crewmax so it does have more room to cool.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
It does eventually get cold after about 20 min of driving. I just don't think the blower fan blows hard enough. I compare this to my other vehicle in my garage. The Tahoe blows wayyyyyyyyy harder than the Tundra. Even my 4 cyl Accord does better. I do have the crewmax so it does have more room to cool.
now the thing that bugs me is some hot days ive had the thing refuse to blow hard at all for the first five min or so...then i turn it down and back up and its even less till all the sudden it decides to blow hard....but its intermittent and just annoying when it does it.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I'd imagine we have the same problem in august it's just to damn hot. It may look nerdy, but those silver blinds you stick in the front windshield help a lot, & leaving the window cracked just half a inch helps plenty.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts